LAN Party Gaming!

Hi all! Threw together a video of some footage of our CG Spring LAN party from 2017 last night and figured i'd come and share. But you know what? lets all share! LAN parties are a bit of a lost art IMO and outside of major events, you never really hear of them anymore. I think its a great way to get friends together, ogle eachother's builds, talk about like-minded interests, and have alot of fun. Also pretty motivating to "make your rig look badass" and stuff too. During this 2017 Spring one, we had a buddy who just got a new cooler for his i7-2600k in attendance who had never OC'd...and as some of you might know, that CPU is a legendary overclocker so we threw on a quick and dirty 4.2ghz OC at 1.2v right on the spot, threw Aida64 at it, and to this day its rock solid. He need to take it further, especially now that hes upgraded his cooler again to an h7 quad lumi! Sandy Bridge FTW!

Who all still LAN Parties? What kinda stories you all got? (the vid link/post beneath this is our LAN party playlist, feel free to go through it!)

<link removed>

YouTube/CoalitionGaming - Cameras: Canon 1DX MkII, Canon EOS M6 MkII, Panasonic Lumix G85
The Gaming/Streaming/Editing Rig: Codename
LINCHPIN 
Ryzen 9 5900X // Gigabyte Aorus X570 Elite mobo // 32gb G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3600mhz // Swiftech Boreas custom CPU loop & IRIS Helix Fans // Lian LI PC-O11 Dynamic Case // Nvidia RTX 3080 FE  // Sandisk x400 1tb SSD // Micron 2tb SSD // WD 1tb Blue HDD // SK Hynix Gold P31 NVME 1tb SSD // 

We had one about two years ago. It was at the campus in the Informatics building of our university. A few of the people had been employed by the university as assistents and reshearchers or something like that so they had access to host a party like that.

I had never been to a LAN party before. We had an x360 with a kinect (something I've never actually used before) with some stupid game, I don't know what it was. We also played Mortal Kombat 9(?) on the 360. Or course we also had proper lan gaming, most of us had our laptops with us and played Need for Speed Underground 2. I sucked pretty bad tho. And we also had a lot of beer. A LOT of beer. Not much else to it to be honest. No crazy stories or anything particularly memorable but it was pretty fun. I wish we would do it again someday.

"Same rules since the first man picked up the first stick and beat the second man's ass with it."

I haven't done any large scale lan parties.  I've done small ones at home with about 3 or 4 computers (and consoles).  Still lots of fun though.  While playing online with voicechat with your buddies is still good fun, it doesn't beat getting everyone together, loading up on the food and drinks and having a great time.

I did the console lanning during the xbox - xbox 360 era.  I think the Halo series was our game of choice during our console lans.  Lots of versus with Halo 2 then 3 - 4 player coop on Halo 3.  I think Dark Souls was our last lan coop game (before they released the PC port) where the me, the wife, and her brother cooped the entire game.

As for PC, we've done Diablo 2, Delta Force and Joint Operations games, Quake back in the day.

The most recent lan I had was just a 3 player PC lan and we played ESO and Dead by Daylight.  Still good times.

• 2 weeks later...

Great responses! Good to hear. Majin, you got some old school experience up in there. Awesome. 

We're having our Spring LAN party this saturday, hoping to get some degree of streaming set up for it too (though admittedly streaming our LAN Parties  the way i like to do is a bit rough).

YouTube/CoalitionGaming - Cameras: Canon 1DX MkII, Canon EOS M6 MkII, Panasonic Lumix G85
LINCHPIN 
Ryzen 9 5900X // Gigabyte Aorus X570 Elite mobo // 32gb G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3600mhz // Swiftech Boreas custom CPU loop & IRIS Helix Fans // Lian LI PC-O11 Dynamic Case // Nvidia RTX 3080 FE  // Sandisk x400 1tb SSD // Micron 2tb SSD // WD 1tb Blue HDD // SK Hynix Gold P31 NVME 1tb SSD // 

• 2 weeks later...

So we had our spring LAN party this past saturday. Did my best to try to stream it doing a multi-PC in -> single stream out config utilizing OBS NDI, and there were a few echoing issues here and there (i should not have put the stream PC into the same discord as everyone else, i forgot that NDI also sends an audio signal and everyone else was already in discord too so it doubled up in parts)....but we're still fine tuning this. Streaming our LAN parties is still new and i think with the right setup once we're there, it'll be very cool. Cant wait for the highlights vid we shot too. Good turnout for this LAN party all things said, so it was fun nomatter what! 

<link removed>

skip to like 2:25:00, thats about the time everything got worked out and things got into better shape lol.

LINCHPIN 

Heres our highlight edit. Anyone got others of their LAN parties to share?

<link removed>

LINCHPIN 

• 11 months later...

We had another LAN party, our Spring 2019 one, this past saturday. It was a good one and the highlight video came out very cool as well.

<link removed>

LINCHPIN 

-Thread locked-

We don't allow advertising here.

No advertising of any non LTT/LMG material.

• eBay/trading sites, personal websites or businesses except where appropriate. (e.g. "Who can do data recovery in Vancouver?", "Anyone know where I can get this part?").
  • No affiliate links unless created by Linus Media Group. Note that the LMG affiliate code will be automatically added to Amazon links.
  • Twitch/Youtube links are only allowed in your own status updates; posting them on other users' profiles or updates is not allowed.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!