Remove a program off all computers on network

Hi,

My work have decided to swap anti virus due to cost, we are currently using sophos but are swapping to another one although it looks like currently we will have to go round and uninstall sophos manually on everyones machine is there anyway we can do this with a script or GPO?

Really dont fancy uninstalling it from 600+ computers if im honest.

I lurk a lot

Do you have a monitoring software tool installed on your workstations? Workstations at my job have monitoring software installed on it, so we have full control of it. 

It'll be much harder if you don't have some form of monitoring tool. you'd have to go around and uninstall Sophos manually. 

CPU: AMD 3800X GPU: GTX 1080 Ti RAM: (16GB) 2x Corsair 8gb DDR4 3200Mhz Drives: SanDisk 240GB SSD, Samsung 500GB SSD, WD 1TB HDD

Motherboard: MSI X470 Gaming pro plus PSU: Gigabyte 650 watt Monitor(s): 27 inch AOC 1440p

1 minute ago, dionkoffie said:

Do you have a monitoring software tool installed on your workstations? Workstations at my job have monitoring software installed on it, so we have full control of it. 

It'll be much harder if you don't have some form of monitoring tool. you'd have to go around and uninstall Sophos manually. 

Yeah we have a tool called impero we plan to use that for some of the machines but wont be phesable to use for all the machines

I lurk a lot

2 minutes ago, peej said:

Yeah we have a tool called impero we plan to use that for some of the machines but wont be phesable to use for all the machines

Are you in a school? My old school used this program: https://www.abtutor.com/. It's a small monitoring tool that allows the teacher to monitor what's going on and stuff. Just a recommendation idk. :)

I'd install the Impero tool on all the PCs and then switch antiviruses. It'll be a heck of a job to do now, but you'll thank yourself later when you can install software packages on all 600 PCs with a few clicks.

CPU: AMD 3800X GPU: GTX 1080 Ti RAM: (16GB) 2x Corsair 8gb DDR4 3200Mhz Drives: SanDisk 240GB SSD, Samsung 500GB SSD, WD 1TB HDD

Motherboard: MSI X470 Gaming pro plus PSU: Gigabyte 650 watt Monitor(s): 27 inch AOC 1440p

2 minutes ago, dionkoffie said:

Are you in a school? My old school used this program: https://www.abtutor.com/. It's a small monitoring tool that allows the teacher to monitor what's going on and stuff. Just a recommendation idk. :)

I'd install the Impero tool on all the PCs and then switch antiviruses. It'll be a heck of a job to do now, but you'll thank yourself later when you can install software packages on all 600 PCs with a few clicks.

Yeah i am in a school :P Impero is installed on all the machines already its just finding a good time to remote onto each machine when its not being used for a lesson thats the big issue

I lurk a lot

4 minutes ago, peej said:

Yeah i am in a school :P Impero is installed on all the machines already its just finding a good time to remote onto each machine when its not being used for a lesson thats the big issue

Oh it's already installed on all machines. I don't know Impero, but do you have the feature to upload a .exe and have the computer install it in the background or do you manually have to log onto the machine remotely to install it? 

I have an install package for Sophos somewhere laying around that I can just push to any new PC on the network. 

Most anti-virus software will start off by uninstalling other anti-virus as a part of the install process so I would start by testing that. Another solution if the installer for Sophos is in msi format you can use the standard msiexec command for uninstall:

msiexec.exe /x {your-product-code-guid}

Finally Sophos have a guide that you might be able to use: https://community.sophos.com/kb/en-us/122126