Any easy idea?

Javs
Go to solution Solved by i_build_nanosuits,
4 minutes ago, Javs said:

I tried to polish it, it's made of some weird metal so I spent half an hour trying to rub this ledge off the worlds with no actual results (maybe I was doing it bad, dunno).

you probably used something that wasn't made to work on metal...i guess maybe you used a file that was meant to work wood or something?

Cause with a good file made for metal work would get rid of this in about 5 minutes of work.

I bought my case like a year ago, and I've had this problem since the beggining, but I've never tried to fix it due to poor lazyness. The thing is there's like a ledge covering part of the top section of the Graphic Card's UI, I can't plug any cable but the DVI (because it's located on the lower section). I tried to polish it, it's made of some weird metal so I spent half an hour trying to rub this ledge off the worlds with no actual results (maybe I was doing it bad, dunno).

Thank you!

Case: Nox Hummer ZS White

Video Card: Gigabyte 1050 Ti G1 Gaming

photo_2018-03-20_17-52-17.jpg

2 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Personally, I'd take a dremel to your case and shave off a bit.

I think I won't be able to get one of those; and if I got one, I'd probably rip the case in half or something xD

4 minutes ago, Javs said:

I tried to polish it, it's made of some weird metal so I spent half an hour trying to rub this ledge off the worlds with no actual results (maybe I was doing it bad, dunno).

you probably used something that wasn't made to work on metal...i guess maybe you used a file that was meant to work wood or something?

Cause with a good file made for metal work would get rid of this in about 5 minutes of work.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

1 minute ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

Easiest way? Pair of pliers and some muscle to bend it up and out of the way. Other than that, a dremel with a metal cutting bit or a file. 

It's like really really thick and short, like, it's in the range of not letting me plug anything and not letting me bend it (I can't pull out a "lever" effect on that tiny space)

Just now, Javs said:

It's like really really thick and short, like, it's in the range of not letting me plug anything and not letting me bend it (I can't pull out a "lever" effect on that tiny space)

Can you move the GPU to a lower PCIe slot? Don't know what board you have, but if you have another 16x slot, might as well move it down to a slot that doesn't have the obstruction. 

5 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

Can you move the GPU to a lower PCIe slot? Don't know what board you have, but if you have another 16x slot, might as well move it down to a slot that doesn't have the obstruction. 

OMG that's so obvious. I'll check that out, thank you!

PS: Feel so dumb right now, how did I not think of that

9 minutes ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

Oh could be, honestly, I grabbed the first thing I found at home. If changing the PCI slot is not possible, I'll go buy a metal specific file. Thank you!