Laggy BIOS

Pyrofunto

Hey, i've got a problem here. My PC runs perfectly fine in windows and all but when I try to get into the BIOS it takes ages to load (the bios) and when in it my mouse is laggy af, I got like 2fps...

Plus, it was working fine until I updated my motherboard drivers.

Anyone got an idea?

My specs are:

MB: msi Z270 sli plus

cpu: i7-7700K

gpu: gtx 1080

psu: bequiet straight power 11 650W

ram: 2X16G corsair ram DDR4

I think that's fairy common for the mouse to seem laggy in the BIOS

Desktop: i9 11900k, 32GB DDR4, 4060 Ti 8GB 馃檪

no but it is not just a little bit laggy. Like, it is actually impossible to use.

And even when I open a new window in the BIOS it takes 10 seconds to load the window

Just now, Phaytuh said:

BIOSes are never going to be an ultra-smooth experience, but your right that that's a little slow, especially if you notice that something changed.聽 How many times have you tried accessing the Bios since updating drivers? The system may just be dealing with the new drivers, unless its a recurring issue.聽

I've been trying since i've updated the drivers (wich was yesterday)

1 minute ago, Phaytuh said:

Hmm... Is the Bios itself out of date?聽

I have no idea, you think it my be incopatibility with the newer drives of the mb?

Where can I find newer bios "drives"?

Yeah i noticed mouse movement delay in bios as well but it never really bothered me personally.

5 hours ago, Pyrofunto said:

Hey, i've got a problem here. My PC runs perfectly fine in windows and all but when I try to get into the BIOS it takes ages to load (the bios) and when in it my mouse is laggy af, I got like 2fps...

Plus, it was working fine until I updated my motherboard drivers.

Anyone got an idea?

My specs are:

MB: msi Z270 sli plus

cpu: i7-7700K

gpu: gtx 1080

psu: bequiet straight power 11 650W

ram: 2X16G corsair ram DDR4

Yea, sounds like you need to update the bios.

Make sure you're using exactly the right bios (go by the motherboard's model number to be extra sure) and make sure you're doing it with a fresh USB 2.0 stick and not on a day where a power outage could happen. Make sure you're getting it from the manufactures support page of course as well.

Flashing the bios is sketchy because if it fails, your motherboard is now a paper weight so you don't want that to happen.

If that's not it, I have a very long shot hunch that you may need to change some USB settings in your bios.

There are a few settings I'd mess with:

.one that lets you switch between partial and full initialization.

.MSI fastboot.

.XHCI

.turning off or on Legacy USB support.

Keep in mind that changing any of these may cause you other problems.

Turning off legacy support will stop USB 3.0 ports from detecting USB 2.0 devices for example or switching to full initialization can cause you to have to unplug and plug back in stuff to get it to work after starting up windows like Oculus Rifts.

If any of those causes you to lose mouse support, clear your CMOS to return to defaults.

Oh and don't forget..

You can navigate pretty much any bios with just the keyboard so don't use the mouse while testing this stuff if it's that unusable.