Content Creation Monitor, best affordable options?

MandicReally

I've seen this topic a few times and a few places, but I felt a post today with today's pricing probably makes sense.  

I do a lot of video editing, it is the primary function of my PC setup.  However I'm using a few "cheap" monitors not intended for content creation.  An old Acer TN panel and a AOC IPS panel.  I'm tired of my finished products not being true to the picture that I edited (color wise).  Also I work with primarily 4k footage, and my monitors are both 1080p setups.  So, I'm thinking I want to add a third monitor, just for an image reference monitor. 

My budget is under $450, the less the better.  So I'm debating if I shouldn't just stick to a 1440p monitor with good color reproduction and I can transition it out when I can afford a good 4k monitor.  However if anyone knows a good affordable 4k monitor with good color, I won't complain. 

The front runners at the moment for me are: 

BenQ PD2700Q

Samsung S32D850T

or for 4k:

Dell P2715Q

BenQ BL2711U

I was on 144hz Monitor List for Photo/Video and a few of these options came from there.  The Dell I went and searched out myself. 

I know a 27" display is awfully small for 4K, but it really would be a reference monitor almost exclusively, so I don't see an issue there.  Namely I'd have it mounted above my current 2 and just use it for the actual video image playback, have my timeline and other stuff on the monitor below.  

Does anyone have good input on this matter? Experience with one of the monitors I mentioned? No matter what I get I'll be buying a color correction setup like a Spyder to calibrate all of my displays. 

Ryzen 7 2700X , Asus Prime X570-Pro, Bykski CPU Block, AMD Vega 56, Barrow GPU block, g.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB PC2800, Dual EKWB SE360 Radiators, Corsair RM750x PSU. All in a Lian-Li PC011 Dynamic XL case.

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

12 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

How exactly did you establish the conclusion that your product was not true to picture?

Poor choice of words I guess. I'm seeing fairly substantial color variation between editing and viewing on different sources. From one of my monitors to the other, on my 4K tv, between players on the pc, and on my phone. Clearly that has a lot to do with all those other variables not necessarily by primary display. 

I just want one solid display I can calibrate and trust. If other things display poorly or inaccurate I can at least know what I created was correct. 

Also I just need a larger dedicated display for reference monitoring. Working in the little fitted window on my 24" monitor just doesn't work in the end. 

Ryzen 7 2700X , Asus Prime X570-Pro, Bykski CPU Block, AMD Vega 56, Barrow GPU block, g.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB PC2800, Dual EKWB SE360 Radiators, Corsair RM750x PSU. All in a Lian-Li PC011 Dynamic XL case.

3 hours ago, huilun02 said:

Ok so a color accurate 4k 27" display

Your options

I suggest

Why? Practically full sRGB color spectrum, factory calibrated to delta <3, with certification, extremely workable stand, Dell support, good price

Do I have it? No.

I was leaning toward the Dell already, so I just bit the bullet and ordered it.  Upper end of what I was hoping to spend, but I knew that was going to be the case.  Hopefully it meets my needs (I can't see how it won't).