New RIG - z370-I - No boot ;/

Hi All,

First, a small introduction. I'm Gregor and I live in the Netherlands. I love gaming and building/modding PCs! I have built over 15 PCs in the last 3 years. It's more like a hobby. Time to time I have some issues that I can't explain and sometimes after hitting my head on the table I come up with the idea to contact the experts. 

So here I am.

My never booted setup:

Mobo: ASUS ROG strix z370-I Gaming

CPU: Intel Core i5 8600K

RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RBG - DDR4

CPU COOLING: NZXT Kraken X52 RGB

PSU: Seasonic FOCUS Plus Series 650W

GPU: NONE yet - will buy it when I have my payday :)

SSD: Samsung MZ-V6E250BW SSD 960 Evo NVMe M.2 SSD

Case: Parvum s1 0

So after setting up everything - and yea I know - I should test everything before putting it into the custom case.... - I switch the PSU to on and press the power button - The PC starts - The fans are spinning - but nothing on my monitor. Connected Mobo with Displayport to my monitor. My keyboard ain't lighting tho so I quickly noticed that there is something wrong.

The problem:

No Post

Things I tried:

• Reset CMOS
  • Put USB stick with latest BIOS file in the USB with the hope he would do something
  • Added speaker -> No beeps!
  • Removed RAM -> Powered up -> No changes
  • Tried to boot it with 1 RAM -> No changes
  • No additional hardware plugged in
  • Checked monitor cable

After checking all the cables I saw that the onboard LEDs are not lighting up when I power the machine up. See screenshot. -> I have never had this before so I hope you expert guys can help me out!

Thank you very much for help/reading and I really hope you can help me out.

Greetz,

Gregor

20180315_203514.jpg

20180315_203437.jpg

have you tried re-seating the CPU just for Sh*ts and giggles. Also if you have any other ram to try I would try that. If non of that works I would say you have a dead motherboard. Contacting the Manufactuer would be a good idea they may have some more troubleshooting steps that might help you.

4 minutes ago, ComputerGuy said:

have you tried re-seating the CPU just for Sh*ts and giggles. Also if you have any other ram to try I would try that. If non of that works I would say you have a dead motherboard. Contacting the Manufactuer would be a good idea they may have some more troubleshooting steps that might help you.

I will check the RAMs later on today and the CPU re-seating. Hope it helps - Thanks for info - I will update the post when I'm done

Also if you haven't tried using the other RAM Slot I would do that. You could have a bad Slot I have seen them be bad out of the box before. 

7 minutes ago, ComputerGuy said:

Also if you haven't tried using the other RAM Slot I would do that. You could have a bad Slot I have seen them be bad out of the box before. 

Tried that yea, but nothing changed ;/

Have requested for DOA -> Hope I don't need to wait too long...

I figured you would be doing that. I hope it the new board works good for you.