PCIe slots

REULINI

Hey guys. Atm I have 2 graphic cards and a soundcard, but I would also like to have a capture card, like aver media live gamer. My motherboard is the asus p8z77 premium and due to the spacing between the pci, I cant place the 2 graphic cards in the recommended slots (which are #1 and #3). So my solution is to put the first gc in the first slot, and the second one in the last slot. This way I will be able to put the soundcard and the capture card between the 2 graphics. Will there be any hit in the graphics performance?

also in the manual, I looked into the IRQ assignments and its says that slot #1 and #4 are not shared. Will this be a problem?

thanks in advance!

Cooling could be a problem, so I wouldn't recommend it.

Yes it will work. the gpu's doesn't have to be right next to each other.

you do need a longer crossfire/sli bridge.

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect. But actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff."

Dont understimate my skillsz, you might look foolish.

alright, tyvm for the fast replies guys ^^

Just make sure the last slot is running at atleast 8x otherwise you will lose a lot of the GPU power. The bottom slot often is only wired for 4x

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

if the slot is PCIe gen 3 then you wont really notice a hit to performance, although you may need a longer sli bridge to connect them