Fitting Suggestion

So I am planning my loop out as I am expending from just CPU to CPU/GPU. As I am sitting here looking at it and thinking, seems I am going to need some type of angle adapter for the input on my Pump/Res combo I am using. https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-xres-100-ddc-mx-3-1-pwm-incl-pump

Problem I am having is where the inlet is for the loop. Its on the right side as you are facing it. This will be the side closest to the side panel in my case, the Enthoo Evolv ATX. The hole is about 10mm higher than the outlet port from judging it by eye. I am looking at ordering angle adapters to get it over the outlet port since the return from my front rad will go to this. 

What I am thinking about doing is using 2 of these 90 degree fittings from EK, One straight out, then one straight up and then my Compression barb fitting off that over the outlet port. Yes, the loop is with Soft tubing so bending with hardline is not an option.  Please let me know if you think this will work. Here is a quick Paint 3d drawing I did to illustrate the loop and what im planning. (Please forgive the less than ideal look of the work)

https://www.amazon.com/EK-AF-Angled-90-Rotary-Fitting/dp/B01KMSJQJ0/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1520846799&sr=8-3&keywords=EK-AF+Angled+90°+G1%2F4+Nickel

0d20b60d8dc736f54692727c3b909192.png

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

I'm having a bit of trouble really picturing where your trouble with bending is, I will offer this bit of experience.

I also run soft tubing. This will be my third time that I make adjustments to the tube runs during regular maintenance.

I've bought new angle adapters every single time I've done this.

I'm using pretty thick tubing (1/2-3/4), so I can't always bend the tubing how I want in short runs.

So I've got lots of angle adapters, 90 and 45 degree, throughout my loop to aid in keeping the tube runs clean, or making several of them possible in the first place.

My takeaway: If you think you're going to need angle adapters, don't think twice about getting them and get a couple more than you think you'll need just in case.

---

4 minutes ago, PrimeSonic said:

I'm having a bit of trouble really picturing where your trouble with bending is, I will offer this bit of experience.

I also run soft tubing. This will be my third time that I make adjustments to the tube runs during regular maintenance.

I've bought new angle adapters every single time I've done this.

I'm using pretty thick tubing (1/2-3/4), so I can't always bend the tubing how I want in short runs.

So I've got lots of angle adapters, 90 and 45 degree, throughout my loop to aid in keeping the tube runs clean, or making several of them possible in the first place.

My takeaway: If you think you're going to need angle adapters, don't think twice about getting them and get a couple more than you think you'll need just in case.

the place will be on line 10, The tube that is coming from the 240mm rad down to the pump/res combo. The Pump/Res combo only has 2 ports on it, and I am going to be having them face toward the GPU

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

3 minutes ago, legacy99 said:

the place will be on line 10, The tube that is coming from the 240mm rad down to the pump/res combo.

Sounds like a 90-degree adapter will serve you well here, if not be absolutely necessary depending on clearance.

While you're in there, I'd recommend you take a look at the whole loop and see if there's any other spots where an angel adapter could help shorten a tube run.

---

3 minutes ago, PrimeSonic said:

Sounds like a 90-degree adapter will serve you well here, if not be absolutely necessary depending on clearance.

While you're in there, I'd recommend you take a look at the whole loop and see if there's any other spots where an angel adapter could help shorten a tube run.

I have. Pretty sure thats the only "necessary spot" for them, but I ordered 4 in total as I think I might put 2 on my CPU block for ease of bends/runs. 

"Black Out"

Dedicated Streaming Rig

IMG_20170325_131516137s.thumb.jpg.0770e116e590a5b9e9fbc01802c35319.jpgIMG_20171008_151229634.thumb.jpg.ce3fa95532c34865c19d528e599d44ab.jpg

Left: Iteration 1 (no angle adapters)

Right: Iteration 2 (with some angle adapters)

I'll be doing a 3rd iteration next week. But this is just to show you a dramatic before & after of what angle adapters can do.

---

very nice. Best way to look at it for my drawing, the ports will be coming out of the pump towards the GPU so from right to left. The outlet port is on the inside, or closes to the chassis, and the inlet, is next to the side panel. 

"Black Out"

Dedicated Streaming Rig