Is memory model really matter??

I start to think to give up about building pc. Yesterday I was checking on my build list and about to pay until I saw one of video that tell you “Ryzen - memory (RAM) guide”.

Immediately after that I went to ASRock website to check and as I was afraid of. The RAM that I am using don’t fit with motherboard. 

I hope that not big deal if it is then I have to stop building pc.

7 minutes ago, Azam-45 said:

I start to think to give up about building pc. Yesterday I was checking on my build list and about to pay until I saw one of video that tell you “Ryzen - memory (RAM) guide”.

Immediately after that I went to ASRock website to check and as I was afraid of. The RAM that I am using don’t fit with motherboard. 

What ram kit u got? Ryzen is a little bitchy with ram but it doesnt have to be in the QVL list

|| CPU: I7 6950X @4.6 (1.35V) || Cooler: CUSTOM EK LOOP || Motherboard: ASUS RAMPAGE V EDITION 10

|| GPU: 2x Vega 64 Strix OC @1762 / 1100 MHz || Memory: 16GB G.Skill Royal RGB 3200 Mhz ||

HDD: Segate Barracuda 3TB || SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 512 GB || PSU: Corsair HX 1200 W || Case: Fractal Design Define R6 Gunmetal || Fans: Corsair HD120 (x4) / BeQuiet Silent Wings 3 (x4) || Monitor: ACER XF27HU ||

Second Monitor: BENQ RL2455HM || Mouse: Logitech G502 Pretus Core || Keyboard: Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum || Headphones: Sennheiser IE80 ||

Buildlog expirience swapping to x99: 

12 minutes ago, joshuawi99 said:

What ram kit u got? Ryzen is a little bitchy with ram but it doesnt have to be in the QVL list

https://www.asrock.com/MB/AMD/AB350 Pro4/index.asp#Memory I was looking for RAM that goes with Ryzen 7 1700/1700x.

But most of theme aren’t in my country .

I am using Newegg Saudi Arabia.

2 minutes ago, Azam-45 said:

https://www.asrock.com/MB/AMD/AB350 Pro4/index.asp#Memory I was looking for RAM that goes with Ryzen 7 1700/1700x.

But most of theme aren’t in my country .

I am using Newegg Saudi Arabia.

https://www.newegg.com/global/sa/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820232530&cm_re=gskill_falre_x-_-20-232-530-_-Product

|| CPU: I7 6950X @4.6 (1.35V) || Cooler: CUSTOM EK LOOP || Motherboard: ASUS RAMPAGE V EDITION 10

|| GPU: 2x Vega 64 Strix OC @1762 / 1100 MHz || Memory: 16GB G.Skill Royal RGB 3200 Mhz ||

HDD: Segate Barracuda 3TB || SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 512 GB || PSU: Corsair HX 1200 W || Case: Fractal Design Define R6 Gunmetal || Fans: Corsair HD120 (x4) / BeQuiet Silent Wings 3 (x4) || Monitor: ACER XF27HU ||

Second Monitor: BENQ RL2455HM || Mouse: Logitech G502 Pretus Core || Keyboard: Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum || Headphones: Sennheiser IE80 ||

3 minutes ago, joshuawi99 said:

These are ryzen kits i have it myself ;)

I will take time to check them so think you 

1 hour ago, Azam-45 said:

image.png.7286ba311c1c864fe0c347a283c79e2e.png

This is one year ago.

Trust me its already solved by now.

Yes this is a problem back then when its launched, but now after numerous bios revision it is solved.

The ryzen QVL list is outdated.

Most of the memory are supported, don't worry.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w