How do I build a pc?!!!?!?

Hi guys, I've had the help of the community and have chosen that I will be building a pc ( even though I haven't persuaded my parents to let me yet). I just need to ask what difference the motherboard makes to a pc build? Is it better to get a more expensive one? Im thinking of using a AMD ryzen 5 1500x and a gtx1060 6gb as I'm on quite a tight budget but still want to be able to use it for vr ( when it improves). But I always got suck on what motherboard to get. Somebody please help me!!!

Pc build price (want to stay under £700)

And ryzen 5 1500x- £135.48

Superclocked Gtx 1060 6gb- 329.99

Corsair 450 watt power supply- £32.61

Hyper X fury 8gb ram - £64.63

WD blue 1tb- £37.50

Also what size case would I need for the build? 

So far total price=  £600.21 (the cheaper the better) 

a more expensive board may have better VRMs for overclocking and/or more features. I'm guessing you're getting a corsair VS so avoid it and get the CX, pure power 10 or masterwatt instead.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz 6-Core Processor  (£151.14 @ Aria PC) 
Motherboard: ASRock - AB350M Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  (£59.66 @ YoYoTech) 
Memory: Kingston - 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  (£69.06 @ Amazon UK) 
Storage: Seagate - BarraCuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (£33.95 @ Aria PC) 
Video Card: Palit - GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB Dual Video Card  (£309.99 @ Aria PC) 
Power Supply: be quiet! - Pure Power 10 400W 80+ Silver Certified ATX Power Supply  (£46.97 @ Amazon UK) 
Other: Gamemax centuri (£27.36)
Total: £698.13
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-03-06 10:13 GMT+0000

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

26 minutes ago, herman mcpootis said:

Storage: Seagate - BarraCuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (£33.95 @ Aria PC) 
Video Card: Palit - GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB Dual Video Card  (£309.99 @ Aria PC) 
Power Supply: be quiet! - Pure Power 10 400W 80+ Silver Certified ATX Power Supply  (£46.97 @ Amazon UK) 

That Motherboard dosent has Wifi or Bluetooth necesarry for VR

6 minutes ago, Raziq_26 said:

That Motherboard dosent has Wifi or Bluetooth necesarry for VR

Do you know a motherboard that does and works with the build I've already got going?

7 minutes ago, Raziq_26 said:

That Motherboard isnt VR Compatible... 

the GPU and mobo has the connectors needed, and the hardware is good enough.

14 minutes ago, Thecrazyhound10 said:

Do you know a motherboard that does and works with the build I've already got going?

the AB350M has the usb 3 connectors you need for the vr headsets, and you're supposed to plug the HDMI cable into the GPU and not the mobo.

If close to South Wales I could offer you this for £700 with 3 months warranty, that if you're fine with pre-owned computers:

Processor - Intel Core i5-6600k, 3.5GHz Base Clock - 3.9GHz Turbo clock, 6MB Cache

Processor cooling - Alpenföhn Matterhorn Black Edition

Motherboard - ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, Intel Z170, DDR4, SATAe, M.2 (PCIe/SATA), 2-Way SLi/CrossFire, Intel GbE, USB 3.1 A+C, ATX

Graphics card - 6GB MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming

RAM - Corsair Vengeance® RED LED (2x8GB) DDR4 DRAM 2666MHz

Storage - 1x128GB SanDisk SSD (new) + 1x2TB Western Digital HDD

Power supply - 650W Super Flower Leadex Gold Rated Full Modular

Case - Game Max Onyx Front + Sides Tempered Glass

Other - 8xCorsair AF120 Red LED Fans, 2x30cm Red LED Strips, NZXT GRID+ V2 Fan Controller

Operating System - Windows 10 Pro

$_86a.jpg

$_86cd.jpg

$_86s.jpg

CPU: Ryzen 7 2700x, Cooling: Corsair H100i Platinum AIO MOBO: Asus Strix B450 F GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 Founders Edition + Arctic Accelero Xtreme III RAM: 2x8GB ThermalTake ToughRAM White 3200MHz PSU: Corsair RM850x White Storage: 250GB Samsung 970 Evo NVMe CASE: Corsair 275r Airflow White OTHER: White and Orange Cable Extensions ---- MONITOR: Samsung LC32JG5 32" WQHD 1440p VA 144Hz

50 minutes ago, r3loAded said:

If close to South Wales I could offer you this for £700 with 3 months warranty, that if you're fine with pre-owned computers:

Processor - Intel Core i5-6600k, 3.5GHz Base Clock - 3.9GHz Turbo clock, 6MB Cache

Motherboard - ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, Intel Z170, DDR4, SATAe, M.2 (PCIe/SATA), 2-Way SLi/CrossFire, Intel GbE, USB 3.1 A+C, ATX

Other - 8xCorsair AF120 Red LED Fans, 2x30cm Red LED Strips, NZXT GRID+ V2 Fan Controller

$_86a.jpg

$_86cd.jpg

$_86s.jpg

That looks awesome!!! Would it be able to run vr? Would it be ok if you could run a steam vr test to see if it's compatible? If it is then maybe yes

13 minutes ago, Thecrazyhound10 said:

That looks awesome!!! Would it be able to run vr? Would it be ok if you could run a steam vr test to see if it's compatible? If it is then maybe yes

I don't personally own a VR system and can't tell. The best way to know if it will run is to search videos on YouTube featuring GTX 980 Ti as the CPU is more than capable to run VR. But considering that minimum GPU for VR is GTX 970, I would say 980 Ti which is on par with GTX 1070 would easily run it.

But only if you are close to South Wales as there is no postage option for it. Might be able to deliver it if petrol fees are paid upfront.

REDesign Team on facebook ;) or private message me :)

LE EDIT: Will run VR much better than the GTX 1060 you are planning to buy.

Edited by r3loAded

CPU: Ryzen 7 2700x, Cooling: Corsair H100i Platinum AIO MOBO: Asus Strix B450 F GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 Founders Edition + Arctic Accelero Xtreme III RAM: 2x8GB ThermalTake ToughRAM White 3200MHz PSU: Corsair RM850x White Storage: 250GB Samsung 970 Evo NVMe CASE: Corsair 275r Airflow White OTHER: White and Orange Cable Extensions ---- MONITOR: Samsung LC32JG5 32" WQHD 1440p VA 144Hz

1 hour ago, r3loAded said:

I don't personally own a VR system and can't tell. The best way to know if it will run is to search videos on YouTube featuring GTX 980 Ti as the CPU is more than capable to run VR. But considering that minimum GPU for VR is GTX 970, I would say 980 Ti which is on par with GTX 1070 would easily run it.

But only if you are close to South Wales as there is no postage option for it. Might be able to deliver it if petrol fees are paid upfront.

REDesign Team on facebook ;) or private message me :)

LE EDIT: Will run VR much better than the GTX 1060 you are planning to buy.

Has this computer been put up on eBay or something yet? And if so how long would you be willing to hold onto it before collection or something. As I was just researching ready for the summer when I would buy a pc. But the offer your giving me is amazing and I would definitely be interested.

Also need to ask about postage. I can pay postage or petrol fees or I will find a way to pick it up or something. Are you willing to hold onto the pc for a bit and then I will pay postage?

Edited by Thecrazyhound10

The PC will be up for sale by the end of this week or next week at the latest. What city you live in?

7 minutes ago, r3loAded said:

The PC will be up for sale by the end of this week or next week at the latest. What city you live in?

Would you mind notifying me when it's up and sending me a link? I live in the west midlands (will give you full details when a deal is made. Don't want to give out address on this website)  so quite far but really really want and like your pc . 

5 hours ago, r3loAded said:

$_86a.jpg

$_86cd.jpg

$_86s.jpg

Also sorry another quick question. I know this may sound really stupid but I don't know a lot about pcs and stuff as this will be my first one. Will I still have windows 10 pro if I buy this? Sorry its probably a really stupid question.

16 minutes ago, Thecrazyhound10 said:

Also sorry another quick question. I know this may sound really stupid but I don't know a lot about pcs and stuff as this will be my first one. Will I still have windows 10 pro if I buy this? Sorry its probably a really stupid question.

Yes. Will come with windows 10 pro OEM digital license.

West Midlands is not that far as I thought. I just selected Birmingham as a main city and it's about 100 miles...so that's not too far. I might consider delivering it but it would cost you a little bit. I will accept collection and would feel more comfortable with that. Let's keep this chat in personal messages, if you have other questions.

P.S. You can search on facebook REDesign Team to see our previous builds ;) 

30 minutes ago, r3loAded said:

Yes. Will come with windows 10 pro OEM digital license.

West Midlands is not that far as I thought. I just selected Birmingham as a main city and it's about 100 miles...so that's not too far. I might consider delivering it but it would cost you a little bit. I will accept collection and would feel more comfortable with that. Let's keep this chat in personal messages, if you have other questions.

P.S. You can search on facebook REDesign Team to see our previous builds ;) 

Ok thanks so much for this. Would you mind still notifying me on this chat when it's on eBay or somewhere. That would be the best at the moment. Then I'll be in contact. Thank you very much.

On 3/6/2018 at 10:13 AM, herman mcpootis said:

Honestly this is probably your best bet. The pre owned is a good value and i personally would go for that but that's with my knowledge of pc's, while it sounds like your quite new to this and the last thing you want is for something to happen that you cant fix yourself. Warranty's are golden for new builders. Also big up west mids ^_^and gl with your build