Best Fans for Radiators

Go to solution Solved by Skiiwee29,

I love my Notcua NF-F12 Industrial PPC 2000 RPM fans on my radiator. I feel they are better than the EK Vardar fans that came with my EK Radiator. They have a lower pitched motor noise compared to the Vardar IMO. As far as 140mm fans go, The Noctua NF-A14s are a decent choice as is the Corsair ML series fans. Sadly, there is an appreciable loss of Static Pressure the larger the fan. But generally the NF-A14 and Corsair ML will probably be th e best. 

Heyo, 

So I'm looking for fans to pair with my radiators. Details on loop below. After light research, it appears the Noctua NF-P12 120mm Fans are the agreed best for 120mm radiators. Is this correct? And are there any equivalent fans that are black, not brown, because aesthetics are very important. Also need recommendations for 140mm fans.

The system I plan to build will be:

-i7-7980xe (aiming for 5ghz)

-Nvidea Titan XP SLI

-(2x) EK CoolStream XE 480 Quad Radiator (PushPull)

-(1x) EK CoolStream CE 560 Quad Radiator (Push)

Thanks for replies, Vizz.

I love my Notcua NF-F12 Industrial PPC 2000 RPM fans on my radiator. I feel they are better than the EK Vardar fans that came with my EK Radiator. They have a lower pitched motor noise compared to the Vardar IMO. As far as 140mm fans go, The Noctua NF-A14s are a decent choice as is the Corsair ML series fans. Sadly, there is an appreciable loss of Static Pressure the larger the fan. But generally the NF-A14 and Corsair ML will probably be th e best. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

1 hour ago, legacy99 said:

Thanks for the response. Looked into them, and they seem like solid fans.

Just now, vizzaral said:

Thanks for the response. Looked into them, and they seem like solid fans.

They are great fans, I actually run both of them, the NF-F12s on my rad and the ML140s as my case fans and love em both. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card