3D printing...

Jack Dvorak

Okay so my friend has a crazy good 3D printer he got for like 3000$ 2 years ago, and I am looking for a 3D printer. Not expensive like that, but cheap and not that big. Size doesn’t matter ?. So basically the online thing we use to like print them and stuff is thingiverse, so basically I need a printer that is compatible with that? I’m new to this so I don’t know if that matters... so you download then off of thingiverse, and then it downloads zip or rar files so I need a printer that can print that kind of stuff off of my pc.

edit: cheap, size doesn’t matter, assemble yourself is okay if it comes with instructions 

Ive worked with the DIY reprap i3s from years back. Those were... Not so great. About a year ago I decided to pick up a CTC bizer (a clone or an older replicator model). Theres no assembly and the calibration faff is minimal in comparison. If you get a pi to run octoprint on it, its an experience I could see myself recommending. Especially given the price (I think I paid ahir under £300 back then for everything).

2 minutes ago, code_glitch said:

Ive worked with the DIY reprap i3s from years back. Those were... Not so great. About a year ago I decided to pick up a CTC bizer (a clone or an older replicator model). Theres no assembly and the calibration faff is minimal in comparison. If you get a pi to run octoprint on it, its an experience I could see myself recommending. Especially given the price (I think I paid ahir under £300 back then for everything).

Okay thanks

Cetus is basically RTR for $300, monoprice mini and if you really really want to cheap out get the Ender 2 from gearbest. My pic would be cetus though love the wifi capability you just drop in .stl files from thingiverse into the slicer and hit print.