be Quiet Dark Base 700 Fan hub problem.

VladimirKach

SL - Silent Loop; SW - Silent Wings

So, I've got a Dark Base 700 RGB case, bought with a Silent Loop 240 and another Silent Wings 3 140mm PWM fan with it. The case has its own fan hub which comes pre-installed. When connecting the fans to it, only the ones from the SL seem to work, neither of the other 3 SW3 that i have work. Tried every single connector on it and all of them work if the fan connected is a fan from the SL, not one of the others. Have the fan hub sata powered. Tried connecting the fan hub to different ports on the MB as it has a PWM cable that is going to the mobo, same result - only the SL fans work. When any of the SW3 fan is connected directly to the Mobo it works without a problem, but if it is in the hub it just doesn't start. I would appreciate any insight on why that might be happening since i couldn't figure it out.

If your PWM controlled fans are not receiving a PWM signal from the motherboard, this may be the reason they aren't spinning.

Make sure the Fan Hub is plugged in to the motherboards 4pin socket in order to receive the PWM signal and the fan hub is set to the "auto" setting. This will allow the fan hub to operate with PWM control sent from the motherboard.

Also go in to your motherboards bios settings and check the PWM fan control settings in the bios. This will allow you to set the fan curve for PWM control. It's possible it's default to not turn on until a certain temperature is reached.

If you have tried this and you are still unable to control the PWM Silent Wings 3, then your motherboard may not support sending the PWM to the fan hub. In this case you will need to set the fan hub settings to one of the manual options to control the fan speeds manually.

image.png.e845cee8877343aeede85f66fea0d48d.png

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450