Acer XB241H Not overclocking?

adroit14

I got an Acer XB241H for Christmas, which I've enjoyed. It's 144hz and supports overclocking up to 180, which is advertised on the box. Every time I try to overclock it though (using Nvidia Control Panel), the monitor goes black and only turns on when I exit test mode. I made show that i turned on overclocking on the monitor, but I guess it doesn't work. I can only get to 146hz and anything after that crashes the monitor. Are there any solutions to this? Thanks.

2 minutes ago, adroit14 said:

I got an Acer XB241H for Christmas, which I've enjoyed. It's 144hz and supports overclocking up to 180, which is advertised on the box. Every time I try to overclock it though (using Nvidia Control Panel), the monitor goes black and only turns on when I exit test mode. I made show that i turned on overclocking on the monitor, but I guess it doesn't work. I can only get to 146hz and anything after that crashes the monitor. Are there any solutions to this? Thanks.

When you set custom resolutions, make sure you set the timing standard to CVT Reduced Blank (CVT-RB).

Also, you are using DisplayPort right?

3 minutes ago, Glenwing said:

When you set custom resolutions, make sure you set the timing standard to CVT Reduced Blank (CVT-RB).

Thanks for the help but sadly it didint work.

Just now, Glenwing said:

You are using DisplayPort right?

Yeah, the included cable. My GPU is a 1060 too.

2 minutes ago, Glenwing said:

Look through the monitor's menu, if there are any options for DisplayPort version make sure it is set to version 1.2.

There are no settings for that. I have no idea why its not working