HD 579 or HD 598 SR for gaming

Thamer

Which headphones is better for gaming? I know the HD 598 is very good for gaming, but the 579 is $100 on Amazon and it made me consider it.

13 minutes ago, Thamer said:

Which headphones is better for gaming? I know the HD 598 is very good for gaming, but the 579 is $100 on Amazon and it made me consider it.

I picked up my Sennheiser HD 579s from Argos brand new for only £60 on a clearance sale - for the price, there pretty spectacular. They are lovely and comfortable (Read my review above for more on this). and for playing games I can get very good precision from were people are walking from on games like CS:GO competitive, and genuinely are a nice sounding pair for gun sounds, especially on Far Cry 3 were its just  unbelievably crystal clear. I've never tried the HD 598s, but I recommend the HD 579s. There isn't much bass if any mind you though, and they get a little warm after about 6 hours.

I once did the unthinkable, back many headphones ago...

I split an audio split, again

3 hours ago, EnergyEclipse said:

I picked up my Sennheiser HD 579s from Argos brand new for only £60 on a clearance sale - for the price, there pretty spectacular. They are lovely and comfortable (Read my review above for more on this). and for playing games I can get very good precision from were people are walking from on games like CS:GO competitive, and genuinely are a nice sounding pair for gun sounds, especially on Far Cry 3 were its just  unbelievably crystal clear. I've never tried the HD 598s, but I recommend the HD 579s. There isn't much bass if any mind you though, and they get a little warm after about 6 hours.

a comprehensive review. Nicely done

I will read about it more. thanks