weird behaviour after windows update

nuclear465

Hello.

So a few days ago i decided to finally update windows with the creator fall update, and my windows after the update started to behave a little strange.

1st. It does not shutdown when ordered to, using the normal means. I have to push and hold the button for it to shutdown.

2nd. when i turn it on, it takes too long to establish a network connection. Something like 2 minutes, sometimes longer.

Can you guys help me ?

Best regards and thanks in advance.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X with Nox Hummer H240 Aura AIO Liquid Cooler; MOBO: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F; GPU: XFX RX 6800 RAM: Viper Steel 16 Gb (2X8) 4400Mhz DDR4; Storage: Adata XPG 512 Gb M.2 NVME SSD + 1 Tb WD Blue HDD + 1 Lexar Tb SSD; Case: Phanteks P350X; PSU: Corsair RM750i 80+ Gold; Monitor: Gigabyte M27Q 1440p @170hz; Headset: Hyper X Cloud Stinger; K&M: CM Storm Quickfire TK & Logitech G502.

That's just Windows 10 being what it is. The Creators Update is literally Satan's spawn.

52 minutes ago, nuclear465 said:

Hello.

So a few days ago i decided to finally update windows with the creator fall update, and my windows after the update started to behave a little strange.

1st. It does not shutdown when ordered to, using the normal means. I have to push and hold the button for it to shutdown.

2nd. when i turn it on, it takes too long to establish a network connection. Something like 2 minutes, sometimes longer.

Can you guys help me ?

Best regards and thanks in advance.

Seems rather odd, for the wireless, maybe try going into device manager and updating the drivers for your wireless device. If not then try a reinstall.

The shutdown thing does seem rather odd though.

I personally had tried so hard to delay the update until after 1 month of success it forced itself onto my computer.

46 minutes ago, Generallee said:

That's just Windows 10 being what it is. The Creators Update is literally Satan's spawn.

I agree, damn forced updates.

I suck a typing, preparw for typos.

Desktop

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x MOBO: MSI X570-A Pro RAM: 32 GB Corsair DDR4

GPUS: Gigabyte GTX 1660ti OC 6G  CASE: Corsair Carbide 100R STORAGE: Samsung Evo 960 500GB, Crucial P1 M.2 NVME 1TB   PSU: Corsair CX550M CPU COOLER: Corsair H100x

LAPTOP

Apple Macbook Pro 13 M1 Pro

1 hour ago, nuclear465 said:

I have this problem too. Usually have to wait a bit or fix network connection... I updated drivers.
Or maybe it's the fault of your web browser - I had this problem in Opera - had to wait some time before I could start to use it. But then I turned off the synchronization and it helped.

windows key + R , type services.msc, scroll down to the very bottom and look for "Windows Update", double click, set it to disabled, click stop and click apply. live happily ever after.