subwoofer only amplifier?

reitze10

I have a 5.1 skyradio amplifier with a philips 5.1 stereo set, but the amplifier doesnt amplifiy the subwoofer (it does have a 2x RCA for sub) and the philips subwoofer hasnt an integrated one.

Is there a way to have an other amplifier on the 5.1 amplifier, thats does amplify the sub? and where to find it?

thanks,

3 minutes ago, reitze10 said:

but the amplifier doesnt amplifiy the subwoofer

If you're connecting the system correctly then it is amplifying the sub. Perhaps enlighten us with what problem you're having. because us playing the guessing game is a waste of space.

1 minute ago, emosun said:

If you're connecting the system correctly then it is amplifying the sub. Perhaps enlighten us with what problem you're having. because us playing the guessing game is a waste of space.

Yeah. Sounds like this is an all in one system and they're just dissapointed with the performance of the subwoofer. Either that or if they looked at/felt the sub and it wasn't vibrating at all in which case it may be broken. 

i need an amplifier for the subwoofer, its a 200$ sub, the included 5.1 amplifier is broken.

and i just got a "new" amplifier, but it doesnt amplify a sub. is there a amplifier or something else so i dont have to buy a new sub or 5.1 amplifier