r7 240 Or gtx 970?

GrizzlyBear0

amd radeon r7 240 or Gtx 970  

16 members have voted

1. 1. amd radeon r7 240 or Gtx 970

• Amd Radeon r7 240
    • Nvidia Geforce Gtx 970

What? The R7 240 is a low end card meant to be a bare minimum. It won't run any modern games at double digit frame rates. The 970 is a good midrange card that was released recently, it crushes the R7 240 in every single way. If you won't beleive me look at Linus' old review on it.

Ryzen 7 2700X  ASUS X470 PRO  16GB 2400Mhz Crucial Ballistix SAPPHIRE RX 580  970 EVO  Dark Rock PRO 4  Dark Base PRO 900

I implore you to do your research on anything you want to buy for your computer. split-second decisions like this are going to cause problems in the future.

An R7 240 is exceptionally terrible and shouldn't be considered in today's GPU market over an RX 550 or a GT 1030.

Make sure your system has the proper power supply cables and sufficient wattage to support whatever card you choose.

2 minutes ago, Shadestones said:

I implore you to do your research on anything you want to buy for your computer. split-second decisions like this are going to cause problems in the future.

An R7 240 is exceptionally terrible and shouldn't be considered in today's GPU market over an RX 550 or a GT 1030.

Make sure your system has the proper power supply cables and sufficient wattage to support whatever card you choose.

14 minutes ago, Nas said:

What? The R7 240 is a low end card meant to be a bare minimum. It won't run any modern games at double digit frame rates. The 970 is a good midrange card that was released recently, it crushes the R7 240 in every single way. If you won't beleive me look at Linus' old review on it.

thats why i'm here because i figured it's sht :). this computer store dude trying to scam me ^^" anyway thanks.

i'm not sure why you'd need to ask this when you're buying either one. are they the same price?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

13 minutes ago, herman mcpootis said:

i'm not sure why you'd need to ask this when you're buying either one. are they the same price?

he wants to sell me a pc with the same budget. but i can get a better pc with the same budget. that's why i'm asking. because apparently. it's the same price as 970 ... i guess his trying to make a living no shame in that. rip whoever doesn't know sht about computers.

The 970 is closer to an R9 390, that 240 is.. Well.. How trash :P

Ryzen 7 2700x, MSI Gaming X RX 480 8gb, Asus ROG X470 Gaming, 2x8gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000, 120gb Kingston SSD (Boot) + 1TB Seagate Barracuda.

These cards differ A LOT from each other, they aren't even in the same price ballpark, the closest to the GTX 970 would be an R9 290/R9 390.

Project Diesel 5.0: Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming /// CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X  /// CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 /// GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme RTX 2070 /// RAM: 2x 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V @3200mhz /// Chassis: Lian Li Lancool One Digital (black) /// PSU: Super Flower Leadex III 750w /// Storage: Inland Premium 1TB NVME + Toshiba X300 4TB

Peripherals: Mice: Cooler Master MM720 /// Keyboard: Corsair K70 MK2 SE (Cherry Silver), Blitzwolf BW-KB1 (Gateron Reds) /// Monitor: Acer XZ320Q 32' (VA, 1080p @240hz) /// AMP: Topping PA3 (Onkyo Integra A-817XD undergoing restoration) /// DAC: Weiliang SU5 /// Speakers: AAT BSF-100 /// Mike: Alctron CS35U /// Headphones: Blon B8, ISK MDH-9000

Living room: TV: Samsung QLED Q7FN 55' 4k /// Amplifier: Denon AVR-X2400H /// Speakers: DALI Zensor 7 /// Consoles: Sony PS4 Pro 1TB, Sony PS3 500gb /// LD/CD/DVD: Pioneer DVL-909 /// Power Supplies: Upsai ACF-2100T + GR Savage CDR2200EX

7 minutes ago, Chevy_Monsenhor said:

These cards differ A LOT from each other, they aren't even in the same price ballpark, the closest to the GTX 970 would be an R9 290/R9 390.

p.s the ddr type in a graphic card dont matter yes? it will sit work on the computer

1 minute ago, GrizzlyBear0 said:

p.s the ddr type in a graphic card dont matter yes? it will sit work on the computer

Nope, doesn't matter, as long as the computer has a PCI-E x16 slot, it will work.

Project Diesel 5.0: Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming /// CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X  /// CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 /// GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme RTX 2070 /// RAM: 2x 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V @3200mhz /// Chassis: Lian Li Lancool One Digital (black) /// PSU: Super Flower Leadex III 750w /// Storage: Inland Premium 1TB NVME + Toshiba X300 4TB

Peripherals: Mice: Cooler Master MM720 /// Keyboard: Corsair K70 MK2 SE (Cherry Silver), Blitzwolf BW-KB1 (Gateron Reds) /// Monitor: Acer XZ320Q 32' (VA, 1080p @240hz) /// AMP: Topping PA3 (Onkyo Integra A-817XD undergoing restoration) /// DAC: Weiliang SU5 /// Speakers: AAT BSF-100 /// Mike: Alctron CS35U /// Headphones: Blon B8, ISK MDH-9000

Living room: TV: Samsung QLED Q7FN 55' 4k /// Amplifier: Denon AVR-X2400H /// Speakers: DALI Zensor 7 /// Consoles: Sony PS4 Pro 1TB, Sony PS3 500gb /// LD/CD/DVD: Pioneer DVL-909 /// Power Supplies: Upsai ACF-2100T + GR Savage CDR2200EX

The biggest regret I have as far as PC hardware purchases go is buying an R7 240. I needed a cheap GPU for my girlfriend's PC so she could play WOW and minecraft, but when she started wanting to play more hardcore titles she could barely run them at 720p low settings. 

The 970 is without a doubt the better option.