need a opinion from everyone

So this is going to be my first build ever and i m going for a gaming pc this is what i came up with so far

case: phantom 820(leaning more to this) or switch 810

memory: dominator platinum 16g

cpu: 3570k

video card: 7970 or a 660ti

h100 cpu cooler

ssd: Samsung 840 Pro 128g

harddrive: WD Caviar Black 1TB

for the power supply i dont know what size to go with, and the mobo i m looking in to the maximus v formula or the gigabyte z77-up7, also later on i want to go with a water cooling set up, and i kind of want to go with a halloween theme build and the z77-up7 would fit nicely, but i m still a noob right now and this is why i would like your insight on what i have in mind for the build, any input you can give me would be great, thanks for your help and info.

Everything looks good. HD 7970 of course. Motherboard of your choice really but we will comment on your choice. If you are going to Crossfire I would say 650-750 Watt PSU from Corsair, SeaSonic, XFX etc

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Odnl

\

I don't know about which 7970 is best if you are going to custom loop your pc since I'm a NVidia person. (And I'm not a fan boy :P)

\

for single gpu a good 500-550W psu is enough.like seasonic g 550.but do you really need a 400$ mobo ? msi z77 mpower would fit nice

Just looking at what you wan't I wouldn't go with Dominator Platinum. You'll be better with GSkill Ares as it comes in orange on I think a black PCB which to me seems more 'Halloweeney'. I'd also look at swapping the WD black out for a Seagate Barracuda - all that really changes is that you go from a 5 year warranty to a 2 or 3 year one but you save money. Loose the H100i and go for a CM 212 Evo - you plan to do a custom loop later on so why spend $130 now that will be redundant soon? All those savings combined can be put towards a GPU upgrade or even just more money in your back pocket.

for single gpu a good 500-550W psu is enough.like seasonic g 550.but do you really need a 400$ mobo ? msi z77 mpower would fit nice

the MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower ? i just looked that up, seems like a good board , but the yellow marking on it are the stickers that you could take off and change?

and i plan on doing a custom loop sometime down the road when i learn more about it, i dont want to rush and mess something up, it looks easy so far from the videos i watch the reason i m say h100 is to oc the cpu a little until i go for a custom loop to add in.

as for the gpu i m just torn between them ive watch alot of reviews on them and it seems like the the and gpus are doing good, but i do like the nvidia gpu's , they are neck and neck

but for a psu if i m going to do a custom loop then a 750 wouldnt be the right one to get and use with the loop when i get it?

i just saw that i put 650ti, sorry i fixed it i meaning the 660ti

Most of the time when building a new PC its budget related to the spec you can afford to buy and run.

If your new to building systems then make sure you learn about what things are and dont just buy something because it looks cool, everything has to match up.

a good rule of thumb is to start with the CPU which you already chosen so that's good, now it means you need to find a m/board that supports the socket set with all the things you want on it, list all the things like do you want sata 3, pci-e 3, usb 3 etc, then it will break down the options you have, then you can choose a board on reviews, looks,, colour scheme, price. within the list of compatable boards to the specs you require.

then look into the memory, look at the m/board recommendations and pick a recommended memory module kit to suit the board.

as for GPU its really a case of do you want sli or x-fire in the future (Nvidia or AMD) and then to the budget you have and if you like the specs and looks of it.

did you also know that you can use a 2.5" HDD in a desktop, just usually slightly smaller capacity, but if you can find a sata 3 one with the size you want it can make your system lighter and neat looking.

so many options, not to mention choose a good case that can fit all the parts you need in there.

i think you got the picture now, hope this proccess and information will help you a little.

I don't want to suggest anything as its not my build and everyone has different ideas, one thing though decide what format do you want, like ATX, Micro ATX, itx etc, you might want a small case and board if you need to save space.

got to love Asus components

Most of the time when building a new PC its budget related to the spec you can afford to buy and run. If your new to building systems then make sure you learn about what things are and dont just buy something because it looks cool' date=' everything has to match up. a good rule of thumb is to start with the CPU which you already chosen so that's good, now it means you need to find a m/board that supports the socket set with all the things you want on it, list all the things like do you want sata 3, pci-e 3, usb 3 etc, then it will break down the options you have, then you can choose a board on reviews, looks,, colour scheme, price. within the list of compatable boards to the specs you require. then look into the memory, look at the m/board recommendations and pick a recommended memory module kit to suit the board. as for GPU its really a case of do you want sli or x-fire in the future (Nvidia or AMD) and then to the budget you have and if you like the specs and looks of it. did you also know that you can use a 2.5" HDD in a desktop, just usually slightly smaller capacity, but if you can find a sata 3 one with the size you want it can make your system lighter and neat looking. so many options, not to mention choose a good case that can fit all the parts you need in there. i think you got the picture now, hope this proccess and information will help you a little. I don't want to suggest anything as its not my build and everyone has different ideas, one thing though decide what format do you want, like ATX, Micro ATX, itx etc, you might want a small case and board if you need to save space. [/quote']

well ive been looking at doing a computer for about 3 years now soo ive been looking at things for a while, just not to sure on things, but ive been looking in to the MSI Z77 Mpower ATX LGA1155 that was brought up, thats going to be the board i m going with and the 3570k cpu, the Corsair Dominator, from what ive seen looks to be good ram, and would not have thought to put a laptop HDD in, and i m going to go nvidia 660ti,right now i just dont know what PSU to go with

Most of the time when building a new PC its budget related to the spec you can afford to buy and run. If your new to building systems then make sure you learn about what things are and dont just buy something because it looks cool' date=' everything has to match up. a good rule of thumb is to start with the CPU which you already chosen so that's good, now it means you need to find a m/board that supports the socket set with all the things you want on it, list all the things like do you want sata 3, pci-e 3, usb 3 etc, then it will break down the options you have, then you can choose a board on reviews, looks,, colour scheme, price. within the list of compatable boards to the specs you require. then look into the memory, look at the m/board recommendations and pick a recommended memory module kit to suit the board. as for GPU its really a case of do you want sli or x-fire in the future (Nvidia or AMD) and then to the budget you have and if you like the specs and looks of it. did you also know that you can use a 2.5" HDD in a desktop, just usually slightly smaller capacity, but if you can find a sata 3 one with the size you want it can make your system lighter and neat looking. so many options, not to mention choose a good case that can fit all the parts you need in there. i think you got the picture now, hope this proccess and information will help you a little. I don't want to suggest anything as its not my build and everyone has different ideas, one thing though decide what format do you want, like ATX, Micro ATX, itx etc, you might want a small case and board if you need to save space. [/quote']

well ive been looking at doing a computer for about 3 years now soo ive been looking at things for a while, just not to sure on things, but ive been looking in to the MSI Z77 Mpower ATX LGA1155 that was brought up, thats going to be the board i m going with and the 3570k cpu, the Corsair Dominator, from what ive seen looks to be good ram, and would not have thought to put a laptop HDD in, and i m going to go nvidia 660ti,right now i just dont know what PSU to go with

I just looked into the small size 2.5" HDD you can get them in sata 3.0 and 5oo gig and even 1TB but they cost more than the 3.5" ones especially if you go for large capacity ones. still look so neat if space is an issure.

for power supply's if you get any Gold rated fully modular one then just choose what colour scheme you want as pretty much all gold rated ones are good PSU's

I am in the middle of upgrading and my mum is sending my new PSU (Evga Supernova 750 gold, fully modular) it looks awesome and once i recive it i will put it into my system and update the build thread on here.

got to love Asus components