Battlefield 1 doesn't show native res (16:10 ratio)

Hi,

Just launched Origin and let it update itself and BF1, both of which I haven't touched in at least 6 months. Got into the menu of BF1, then into settings and noticed the selected res is 1920x1080 while my monitor is 1920x1200. Scrolled through the options but it won't let me set anything higher than 1920x1080. There's no Aspect Ratio setting either, as far as I can tell.

Suggestions?

Is the Game Fullscreen Windowed, Fullscreen or Windowed?

If I recall when a games in windowed View it Doesn't allow Ratios to be changed, When in Fullscreen windowed or Fullscreen it Does.

Their could be an Advanced tab that would allow you to change aspect ratios and if when you talk about it not allowing you to set it higher is it that the option is gray'd out or not changeable (Just static text)

Some people prefer a challenge, I just band my head against a wall until my method works...

It's set to Fullscreen and I checked the Advanced tab; There's no Aspect Ratio option.

maybe just a cheaply developed game made to be "good enough" for most people. not a lot of people have  16:10, so i guess they didn't bother putting it in... welcome to EA...

She/Her

I've updated the NVIDIA driver and now the game freezes while it's trying to load the main menu, there's a black screen and the 'loading' symbol on the top right corner whose animation is frozen.

Tried it 3 times and it always freezes. I then have to physically reset my PC because nothing will appear over the game's black screen, so I can't even force close it via the Task Manager.

Got somewhere:

Completely removed NVIDIA drivers using DDU, then restarted and reinstalled. Also verified BF1 files via Origin (nothing's missing).

Then I deleted the settings file for BF1, and I was able to load the game properly, just in Windowed mode. I go to settings and change to fullscreen and click Apply, and the game crashes with the following error:

Untitled.png.02e3846d108b5a5bf4af5a235ca51907.png

I also still have 16:10 monitor, im more pissed when devs simply force us with 16:9 mode leaving us with black bars.

I ended up removing all setting files of BF1 and reinstalling NVIDIA drivers, and it always returns when I change to Fullscreen mode, so I set it to Borderless Windowed, played 3 minutes and uninstalled the game. It's not as fun as it used to be, not sure why I wasted so much time on getting it to work.

I have a 1680x1050 monitor and afaik BF1 did run on native resolution without blackbars... But I don't even play it anymore so can't say for sure.

My stuff:

Spoiler

CPU :  Intel i5 8400 | GPU : MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4GB

RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @ 3600MHz

Mouse : Logitech G502 HERO SE | Keyboard : Mountain Everest Max w/ Cherry MX Brown

Headset : Beyerdynamics DT990 Pro 250Ω w/ AT2020USB+

Monitor : Acer XF240H @  144Hz