Can't Play Video. Video Properties Display 0 Bytes. Yet The File Size Is Correct.

Lazmarr

I have a few large videos which display the correct file size in windows explorer, however I cannot play them.

I looked at the properties and all unplayable ones show incomplete information.

No created, accessed, or modified dates, and show a size and size on disk of 0 bytes.

They have Japanese characters in this could be the cause of the issue.

However I am not sure what the issue is.

Gaming PC: Case: NZXT Phantom 820 Black | PSU: XFX 750w PRO Black Edition 80Plus Gold (Platinum) | CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K | CPU Cooler: BE QUIET! Dark Rock Pro 2 | MB: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 Mark S | RAM: 24GB Kingston HyperX and Corsair Vengeance 1866MHz | GPU: MSI R9 280X 3G | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250GB | HDD: 9TB Total | Keyboard: K70 RGB Brown | Mouse: R.A.T MMO7

Laptop: HP Envy 15-j151sa | 1920x1080 60HZ LED | APU: AMD A10-5750M 2.5GHZ - 3.5GHZ | 8GB DDR3 1600mhz | GPU: AMD  HD 8650G + 8750M Dual Graphics | 1TB SSHD

Do you get any form of error code?

Which Software are you using?
Have you tried opening the file with the other software like VLC?

2 hours ago, TheKalmTraveler said:

Do you get any form of error code?

Which Software are you using?
Have you tried opening the file with the other software like VLC?

No error, other than when trying to move it/delete it I get the message "file not found".

VLC can't play the file and crashes.

I think it may be due to character length. I don't think it saved correctly since it was in subfolders and may have gone over the character limit.

Gaming PC: Case: NZXT Phantom 820 Black | PSU: XFX 750w PRO Black Edition 80Plus Gold (Platinum) | CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K | CPU Cooler: BE QUIET! Dark Rock Pro 2 | MB: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 Mark S | RAM: 24GB Kingston HyperX and Corsair Vengeance 1866MHz | GPU: MSI R9 280X 3G | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250GB | HDD: 9TB Total | Keyboard: K70 RGB Brown | Mouse: R.A.T MMO7

Laptop: HP Envy 15-j151sa | 1920x1080 60HZ LED | APU: AMD A10-5750M 2.5GHZ - 3.5GHZ | 8GB DDR3 1600mhz | GPU: AMD  HD 8650G + 8750M Dual Graphics | 1TB SSHD

Sounds like corrupted files. If you have the option to re-download the files, do it and see if They open.

Check if you have the right codec installed and update VLC to the newest version.

2 hours ago, TheKalmTraveler said:

Sounds like corrupted files. If you have the option to re-download the files, do it and see if They open.

Check if you have the right codec installed and update VLC to the newest version.

Yeah I re-downloaded one of the smaller files to a new location directly on the disk, it works fine now. I think the issue was the length of the file's name within subdirectories reaching the 260 character limit enforced by Windows.

I'll have to re-download the other ~40GB again and rename the files ¬_¬