No video output

Chriz2pher

My build is Nvidia 1060 3gb Asus OC, Intel core i5 6600k,Asus z170-a, HyperX Fury 16GB(2x8Gb) DDR4 2133, EVGA 750 GQ semi, Hyper 212 Evo, Samsung Evo 850 250Gb, and a WD blue 1 TB

For the most all the lights turn green when doing Post except for the Ram led is red, while troubleshooting multiple times the red led became green every once in a while but I still never had any video output. I have try plugging  the HDMI cable to the GPU to monitor and the motherboard to the monitor, on different runs but I still have the same problem. I have notice that one of the slots for the Ram is broken so that it doesn't hold onto the ram tight, but I haven't tried using both slot A and B (not at the same time). I don't have spare parts to troubleshooting further since this is my first build.

7 minutes ago, Chriz2pher said:

My build is Nvidia 1060 3gb Asus OC, Intel core i5 6600k,Asus z170-a, HyperX Fury 16GB(2x8Gb) DDR4 2133, EVGA 750 GQ semi, Hyper 212 Evo, Samsung Evo 850 250Gb, and a WD blue 1 TB

For the most all the lights turn green when doing Post except for the Ram led is red, while troubleshooting multiple times the red led became green every once in a while but I still never had any video output. I have try plugging  the HDMI cable to the GPU to monitor and the motherboard to the monitor, on different runs but I still have the same problem. I have notice that one of the slots for the Ram is broken so that it doesn't hold onto the ram tight, but I haven't tried using both slot A and B (not at the same time). I don't have spare parts to troubleshooting further since this is my first build.

Take out the graphics card, plug the hdmi into the motherboard and have only 1 ram stick in and try booting. If i were you i'd also check whether the CPU is seated properly.

ALSO don't break anything. If the ram slot is already broken and it was before you started, RMA the motherboard asap and don't screw around

Don't forget to quote when replying to me

Replacing the motherboard is best option if you can.  Otherwise, avoid using that slot.  If there is a breakage causing a short somewhere, then you have to replace the board.  If you knew how to fix that kind of issue, you wouldn't be posting here, so replacement is best.

It takes some significant, component breaking level of force to cause what you are describing with the RAM slot.