GTX 1070 - Furmark - is my GPU throttling?

Stats from a 5minute stress for only the GPU. Was wondering if someone could tell me if the small variations showing on the graphs indicate some sort of throttling or not reaching full performance. The comp is only 1 month old. I don't think I've OC'd it or anything.

Edit: The GPU doesn't maintain 99% (95%-8) utilization when running Prime95. Bad?

Air cooled

Asus Strixx GTX 1070

Ryzen 5 1600X

Win8.1 x64

Gigabyte motherboard

ITX form factor (S Define Nano)

Let me know if more info is needed.

Side question: my NVMe drive gets to like 59c (19c ambient air temp) while running WoW off of it. Is that an issue, either for the drive longevity or in terms of temps?

nvidia_furmark_no-cpu-load.png

Edited by Lumers

I think what you are seeing is GPU Boost 3.0 in action since the normal clock speed for a 1070 is a lot lower. It affects a lot more on the 10 series gpus, and raises the clock speed as much as it thinks is safe and within set thermal limits. So no thermal throttling :)

Winning an argument with a woman step by step

step one - talk to her

step two - fight with her for 2 hours even if you are really right

step three - admit that she is right for the sake of your safety

step four - realize that you have accomplished nothing and she still thinks you were wrong and now she thinks you are even more stupid

GTX1080ti, I5-4690k, ASUS Z97 PRO-GAMER, 8GB DDR3 1600mhz, Hyper 212 EVO, Tt view 31 RGB.

Blah, I kinda forgot about the clock boosting. Dumb of me.

Thanks for the response :D

Your card clocks to 1974 vs. the "normal" 1920 at around 70°C which is totally fine. Actually more on the pretty good side. Be happy and start dancing.