Windows INSTALLATION HELP!

Cyguns
Go to solution Solved by Its_Twitchyy,

All you need to do is (unless I'm mistaken) delete the partitions and just recreate one to install the OS. The installer will create other necessary partitions for you.

A few days ago, my computer blue screen saying uncountable boot volume due to me dropping the laptop. I did a scan and the hard drive was fine so, I installed Windows 10 64-bit through a flash drive. When I got to the Windows 10 installer, The primary drive is empty. Why? Also, It says Windows can't be installed on the primary drive.

image.jpg

image.jpg

All you need to do is (unless I'm mistaken) delete the partitions and just recreate one to install the OS. The installer will create other necessary partitions for you.

1 minute ago, Its_Twitchyy said:

Yes he is correct. Just keep in mind by doing this, you will be wiping your computer clean. 

4 minutes ago, ryanj2599 said:

Yes he is correct. Just keep in mind by doing this, you will be wiping your computer clean. 

Is the data in the primary drive compleatly gone? 

Assuming it is a mechanical hard drive (one with a spinning disc inside), there is a slight chance that the drop could have damaged the hard drive rendering it to believe there is no data on it. It is a bit hard to tell tho if there is actually no data on there or if the hard drive is just saying that there is nothing on there due to the drop encountered. Hopefully someone with more knowledge on HDDs might read this. 

1 minute ago, ryanj2599 said:

Assuming it is a mechanical hard drive (one with a spinning disc inside), there is a slight chance that the drop could have damaged the hard drive rendering it to believe there is no data on it. It is a bit hard to tell tho if there is actually no data on there or if the hard drive is just saying that there is nothing on there due to the drop encountered. Hopefully someone with more knowledge on HDDs might read this. 

Okay. Is it possible to use a 32GB USB and install windows on the USB?