Can i do it?

qwerty

I want to know can i raid 0 two Samsung 840 PROs 256GB on a rampage 4 extreme? or would i need to get a raid card?

Mobo: Rampage 4 Extreme  RAM: 16GB (4x4) Kingston Hyper X silver 1600MhZ  CPU: Intel core I7 @4GhZ

GPU: 2x Reference Sapphire HD7970  PSU: Corsair AX1200  Case:  Coolermaster Cosmos 2

Boot Drive: Samsung 840 PRO 256GB-WIN7  HDD's: 5x WD Green 2tb CPU-Cooler: H100i

The rampage IV supports fakeraid for raid0 if you want to go that route.

The rampage IV supports fakeraid for raid0 if you want to go that route.

whats the difference?

Mobo: Rampage 4 Extreme  RAM: 16GB (4x4) Kingston Hyper X silver 1600MhZ  CPU: Intel core I7 @4GhZ

GPU: 2x Reference Sapphire HD7970  PSU: Corsair AX1200  Case:  Coolermaster Cosmos 2

Boot Drive: Samsung 840 PRO 256GB-WIN7  HDD's: 5x WD Green 2tb CPU-Cooler: H100i

Fakeraid will use your cpu for raid calculations as opposed to a card which has an onboard processor. cpu usage for raid0 is generally pretty low and based on the mobo you have, I'm sure you have a more than capable cpu. The main disadvantage is that if your mobo dies or you want to replace it, you will need another intel mobo with the same raid standard for you to use the raid. I doubt that intel will change their raid standard any time soon, or if they do they will most likely keep backwards compatibility so there's not much to worry about.

Fakeraid will use your cpu for raid calculations as opposed to a card which has an onboard processor. cpu usage for raid0 is generally pretty low and based on the mobo you have' date=' I'm sure you have a more than capable cpu.[/quote']Yeah i have a 3930k but is there a video or a guide you could link me too? greatly appreciated for the help

This looks specific to ROG motherboards which may help you.