New GPU's

zwpkhm99

Hey guys,

I am building my first rig end of january and since the GPU prices went crazy I decided that I am going to stick with the i5 8600k integrated graphics (UHD 630). Do you think the next line of NVIDIA or AMD GPU's is going to launch anytime soon and are they going to be affordable (meaning is there going to be a decent model for about 300 bucks). And last do you think I should wait for the new lines of GPU's/the drop of GPU prices or just buy a 1060 6gb and be done with it? 

It's not clear when any new GPUs are going to release, if you can find and afford a 1060 6Gb definitely go for it.

Right now is a pretty bad time to build a gaming PC, most of the crucial parts are way too expensive...

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

2 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

It's not clear when any new GPUs are going to release, if you can find and afford a 1060 6Gb definitely go for it.

Right now is a pretty bad time to build a gaming PC, most of the crucial parts are way too expensive...

Yeah, can confirm.

Goddamn flash shortage and mining craze (slash some companies inflating the prices of some cards arbitrarily)...

DAYTONA

PROCESSOR - AMD RYZEN 7 3700X
MOTHERBOARD - ASUS PRIME X370-PRO
RAM - 32GB (4x8GB) CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX DDR4-2400
CPU COOLING - NOCTUA NH-D14
GRAPHICS CARD - EVGA NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 980Ti SC+ ACX 2.0 w/ BACKPLATE
BOOT and PROGRAMS - CORSAIR MP600 1TB
GAMES and FILES - TOSHIBA 2TB
INTERNAL BACKUP - WESTERN DIGITAL GREEN 4TB
POWER SUPPLY - CORSAIR RM850i
CASE - CORSAIR OBSIDIAN 750D

2 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

The matter is not if I can find and afford one, it's just that the price starts at 320 Euro 70 Euros above the UVP

8 minutes ago, zwpkhm99 said:

Hey guys,

I am building my first rig end of january and since the GPU prices went crazy I decided that I am going to stick with the i5 8600k integrated graphics (UHD 630). Do you think the next line of NVIDIA or AMD GPU's is going to launch anytime soon and are they going to be affordable (meaning is there going to be a decent model for about 300 bucks). And last do you think I should wait for the new lines of GPU's/the drop of GPU prices or just buy a 1060 6gb and be done with it? 

Unfortunately even when the next lineup comes out, there's going to be stock and price issues for the exact same reason there's stock and pricing issues with current graphics cards. Cryptominers destroying the market will hop on the new graphics cards as soon as they're out. 

Just now, zwpkhm99 said:

The matter is not if I can find and afford one, it's just that the price starts at 320 Euro 70 Euros above the UVP

Supply and demand. I'm of the opinion that it does in fact matter if you can or can't find/afford a decent GPU for a gaming rig.

Due to the obscenely high demand of GPUs and manufacturers not being able to meet the demands, the price has increased due to low supply. Finding GPUs that are in stock is hard, being able to afford them is harder. If you can afford a good 1060 that is in stock, get it.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

1 minute ago, kerradeph said:

Unfortunately even when the next lineup comes out, there's going to be stock and price issues for the exact same reason there's stock and pricing issues with current graphics cards. Cryptominers destroying the market will hop on the new graphics cards as soon as they're out. 

Doesn't that also mean the older generation comes back to normal prices while the miners destroy pricing for the new one?

9 minutes ago, zwpkhm99 said:

Hey guys,

It's really not very clear as to when the next line of graphics cards will be released.  Right now, your best bet is to try to find a decent deal on a used card, or to wait and hope you can get it the moment it is released (assuming it is actually at MSRP and you can get to it before miners.

5 minutes ago, zwpkhm99 said:

Doesn't that also mean the older generation comes back to normal prices while the miners destroy pricing for the new one?

Unfortunately not. They will jump on whatever is the best bang for the buck. Once the new generation of cards spike high enough they will go back to the older generations of cards. Some of the lower end current gen ones might level out, but most of the med-high to high end cards will probably stay horribly inflated until either another couple of generations come out or somehow the mining market crashes. 

11 minutes ago, BluJay614 said:

It's really not very clear as to when the next line of graphics cards will be released.  Right now, your best bet is to try to find a decent deal on a used card, or to wait and hope you can get it the moment it is released (assuming it is actually at MSRP and you can get to it before miners.

Just found out EVGA sells on their site 6gb 1060 beginning at 300 which is good (?) unfortunately they are all sold out. I arranged that I get notified by them once they are available again any idea how long that might take? Also they build in a mechanism against miners, because they only sell one per household. There is the option to buy the tiny one (gtx 1060 sc gaming) because it is in stock but I always hated those tiny cards, even thought i know they have the same chip.

1 minute ago, zwpkhm99 said:

Just found out EVGA sells on their site 6gb 1060 beginning at 300 which is good (?) unfortunately they are all sold out. I arranged that I get notified by them once they are available again any idea how long that might take? Also they build in a mechanism against miners, because they only sell one per household. There is the option to buy the tiny one (gtx 1060 sc gaming) because it is in stock but I always hated those tiny cards, even thought i know they have the same chip.

I'm doubtful that that restriction will prove to be much hindrance to miners. Would you mind if I ask why you hate the SC? They aren't bad cards.

2 minutes ago, BluJay614 said:

I'm doubtful that that restriction will prove to be much hindrance to miners. Would you mind if I ask why you hate the SC? They aren't bad cards.

Well, because they look so tiny. They only have one fan and the radiator is half the size of any other GPU. The performance isn't affected very much and they also aren't much louder, but still, in the back of my head I always have the feeling that one can buy something more Premium for the price.