Windows Updates

Mr Bilbo

For a good while now my pc has been trying to do a windows update and each time it installs on my machine it fails and has to restore to a previous backup. Now at this moment in time, i'm not looking to fix the issue fixed and the update installed because I'm just around to corner from doing a complete system wipe and a fresh install. (But if there is an easy fix for it then I might do it, each time it tries to do the update, it boots up with a black screen with a bit of light behind it, and it doesn't work until you reboot, then it does a system restore.)

My question

Is there any way I can make it so my PC will stop downloading the windows 10 update, I wouldn't mind it downloading it but I have insanely bad internet speeds 2mb/s at most and it just eats it all up so I can't use my computer.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

You can disable Windows Update in Windows 10 using Winaero Tweaker. Go to Behavior -> Windows Update Settings:
Winaero Tweaker disable windows update in Windows 10
Use this time saving option to avoid Registry and Group Policy editing.

This quote is from a post on Winaero:

https://winaero.com/blog/how-to-disable-windows-update-in-windows-10-rtm/

Apparently 'Method 2. Disable the Windows Update service' is the most reliable. I used method 2 recently on a tablet which kept updating to Windows 10 1709 and Windows was removing the Wi-Fi driver, presumably because it thought that it wasn't compatible with build 1709, and after applying this tweak the tablet has stayed on build 1703.

@RainfallWithin

That's perfect thank you! That'll be a massive help to me, poxy windows makes it soooo hard to disable it >:(