Connect MP3 Player to PC Monitor

HunterSailor

Greetings everyone,

I have an old MP3 player 'Philips GoGear Mix' and I was wondering if somehow I can connect it to my monitor 'BenQ GL2450' so that I can use the monitor's built-in speaker.

Is it possible?

Keep it simple.

11 minutes ago, titaniumshield said:

Greetings everyone,

I have an old MP3 player 'Philips GoGear Mix' and I was wondering if somehow I can connect it to my monitor 'BenQ GL2450' so that I can use the monitor's built-in speaker.

Is it possible?

Yep! Your monitor has an AUX input. Just grab and AUX cord and connect it to your GoGear Mix.

Make sure to quote me or use @PorkishPig to notify me that you replied!

Desktop

CPU - Ryzen 9 3900X | Cooler - Noctua NH-D15 | Motherboard - ASUS TUF X570-PLUS RAM - Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 32GB Case - Meshify C

GPU - RTX 3080 FE PSU - Straight Power 11 850W Platinum Storage - 980 PRO 1TB, 960 EVO 500GB, S31 1TB, MX500 500GB | OS - Windows 11 Pro

Homelab

CPU - Core i5-11400 | Cooler - Noctua NH-U12S | Motherboard - ASRock Z590M-ITX RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4-3600 32GB (2x16)  | Case - Node 304

PSU - EVGA B3 650W | Storage - 860 EVO 256GB, Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB, WD Red 4TB (x6 in RAIDZ1 w/ LSI 9207-8i) | OS - TrueNAS Scale (Debian)

if it has a 3.5mm input jack on the monitor, should work

GUITAR BUILD LOG FROM SCRATCH OUT OF APPLEWOOD

- Ryzen Build -

R5 3600 | MSI X470 Gaming Plus MAX | 16GB CL16 3200MHz Corsair LPX | Dark Rock 4

MSI 2060 Super Gaming X

1TB Intel 660p | 250GB Kingston A2000 | 1TB Seagate Barracuda | 2TB WD Blue

be quiet! Silent Base 601 | be quiet! Straight Power 550W CM

2x Dell UP2516D

- First System (Retired) -

Intel Xeon 1231v3 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Dual Channel | Gigabyte H97 D3H | Gigabyte GTX 970 Gaming G1 | 525 GB Crucial MX 300 | 1 TB + 2 TB Seagate HDD
be quiet! 500W Straight Power E10 CM | be quiet! Silent Base 800 with stock fans | be quiet! Dark Rock Advanced C1 | 2x Dell UP2516D

Reviews: be quiet! Silent Base 800 | MSI GTX 950 OC

6 minutes ago, Homeless Pineapple said:

Yep! Your monitor has an AUX input. Just grab and AUX cord and connect it to your GoGear Mix.

I tried to connect the mp3 player to the line-in port in the monitor but i couldn't hear anything. The mp3 player was working. I'm not sure what's the problem.

Keep it simple.

8 minutes ago, 19_blackie_73 said:

if it has a 3.5mm input jack on the monitor, should work

I tried to connect the mp3 player to the line-in port in the monitor but i couldn't hear anything. The mp3 player was working. I'm not sure what's the problem.

Keep it simple.

3 minutes ago, titaniumshield said:

Are the speakers on the monitor turned up? May sound daft, but that's caught me out before now.

I actually have two BenQ GL2450 monitors on my work desktop. Try checking the following in the monitor's audio menu tab:

Sound = 100%

Mute = Off

Audio Select = Auto (try PC Audio if not working)

Stop and think a second, something is more than nothing.

2 minutes ago, chiller15 said:

Are the speakers on the monitor turned up? May sound daft, but that's caught me out before now.

When the mp3 player is connected, the monitor displays no hdmi input and the only settings i can change are the 'inputs'.

Keep it simple.

Ohk, i found the issue. The monitor's audio auto detect was not working. So when i connected my xbox to the monitor i was able to change the audio detect to 'pc audio'.

How do i fix this?

Keep it simple.

I can only use the line-in port when there's an active hdmi connection. The moment i switched off my xbox, i speakers stopped working.

Keep it simple.

17 minutes ago, titaniumshield said:

Ohk, i found the issue. The monitor's audio auto detect was not working. So when i connected my xbox to the monitor i was able to change the audio detect to 'pc audio'.

How do i fix this?

Did you try checking the other part of my post? Try switching 'Auto Detect' to 'PC Input'.

Stop and think a second, something is more than nothing.

9 minutes ago, chiller15 said:

Did you try checking the other part of my post? Try switching 'Auto Detect' to 'PC Input'.

I can only use the line-in port when there's an active HDMI connection. The moment I switched off my Xbox, I speakers stopped working, even in 'PC Input'.

Keep it simple.

44 minutes ago, chiller15 said:

Yes, I did all that you mentioned but I can only use the line-in port when there's an active HDMI connection. The moment I switched off my Xbox, I speakers stopped working, even in 'PC Input'.

Keep it simple.