Precision T5400 Stuck at Boot Menu

NTDaws

Hey guys, So I am repairing a Precision T5400. The SSHD died and I installed one 240GB WD Blue SSD, and a WD Blue 1TB HDD. Now when I try to boot from the USB Device the Windows 10 install is on. The Boot Menu just sits there and does nothing. Any ideas to why this is? Should I try booting from the DVD drive instead?

Thanks guys.

I won't reply for a bit, but please leave any further ideas on how to fix this.

The geek himself.

23 minutes ago, Being Delirious said:

Hey guys, So I am repairing a Precision T5400. The SSHD died and I installed one 240GB WD Blue SSD, and a WD Blue 1TB HDD. Now when I try to boot from the USB Device the Windows 10 install is on. The Boot Menu just sits there and does nothing. Any ideas to why this is? Should I try booting from the DVD drive instead?

Thanks guys.

I won't reply for a bit, but please leave any further ideas on how to fix this.

Yes, try the disk, or a thumb drive if you have it, to see if it will boot at all.  Then verify 100% you are booting from the correct drive.  Disconnect the 1TB HDD if you need to .

• 6 months later...

Did this work? Im having the same issues, server 08, windows 7, windows 10 all load but will not boot to install screen...   windows server 03 will boot and install though?

i9 9820x @4.2 - MSI X299 Sli plus - 32gb Quad DDR4 G.skill3400 - MSI Gaming x 2070 Super - EVGA 1300 SupernovaG2 Gold -  500NVME WD Blue & Optane 32gb + WD Blue4tb - Enermax 360Aio - Vigor GK80 - MSI DS200 - Dual MSI Mag 271R

building - supermicro x9 - e5-2660 128gbddr3

supermicro x8 - e5648 24gb ddr3

14 minutes ago, brokebeardedguy said:

Did this work? Im having the same issues, server 08, windows 7, windows 10 all load but will not boot to install screen...   windows server 03 will boot and install though?

Yes it works

The geek himself.

14 minutes ago, brokebeardedguy said:

I recommend using a disk

The geek himself.