How to have Gmail label something based on the whether it's .edu or .org

Hotseff

I'm a student in High School who has started receiving emails from Universities and Colleges so how do I have Gmail label these emails automatically based upon whether their from a .edu or .org email.  

In the search bar, type {.org,.edu} and hit enter. If you want to filter them separately, get rid of the { } and just repeat the below thing twice.

That will show you what the filter will do, so make sure to check the emails that are there are the ones you expected.

Assuming that looks good, hit the small arrow on the left of the search box to pop open the search settings, then click "Create filter with this search".

On the next screen, choose the "Apply the label : ", "New Label" and then give it a suitable name, ie "Uni".

Also tick "Skip the Inbox (Archive it)", if you want that. What this does is mean that the email will not appear in your main inbox, instead they will only appear under that label. Its up to you if you want that, I quite like it for certain things. Instead of them being in your inbox, they appear under the label, but since they are unread, I find it obvious enough when they are there, and it stops my main inbox becoming clogged. If you read all your emails, it works great, if not then less so.

Finally, assuming you've already had some emails you want to apply this to now, click the "Also apply filter to matching conversations" so it will apply to the old emails.

That should then apply a filter for it!

If you need to edit them, its just in the settings under "Filters and Blocked Addresses".

CPU: 6700k GPU: Zotac RTX 2070 S RAM: 16GB 3200MHz  SSD: 2x1TB M.2  Case: DAN Case A4