£700 i5

shea99

So my uni mate has asked me about a pc for £700.

He is ADAMANT on an i5 build so ive put together this for him. (Do still want some suggestions for non i5 but hes quite stubborn 

He does not need an OS as our uni offers a free windows OS for us.

The only thing i can see that is missing is that there is no SSD but could be bought later on.

He said he wanted to game aswell so that was obviously a consideration.

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/76MVqk

Any improvements or alternatives are appreciated

4 minutes ago, shea99 said:

So my uni mate has asked me about a pc for £700.

He is ADAMANT on an i5 build so ive put together this for him. (Do still want some suggestions for non i5 but hes quite stubborn 

He does not need an OS as our uni offers a free windows OS for us.

The only thing i can see that is missing is that there is no SSD but could be bought later on.

He said he wanted to game aswell so that was obviously a consideration.

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/76MVqk

Any improvements or alternatives are appreciated

If he is ADAMANT on the i5 it's fine.  The 3GB 1060 will hold back that i5, but if he is ADAMANT............

seems like a good build to me, if he doesn't want anything other than an i5 tell him about the recent Intel security bug that affects the entire architecture for the last 10 years, and tell him about price to performance ratios on ryzen 5.

Just now, TheGlenlivet said:

If he is ADAMANT on the i5 it's fine.  The 3GB 1060 will hold back that i5, but if he is ADAMANT............

Trust me he is adamant xD not matter how much i try hes a bit of sheep for the so called better brand 

1 minute ago, Alexzz_ said:

seems like a good build to me, if he doesn't want anything other than an i5 tell him about the recent Intel security bug that affects the entire architecture for the last 10 years, and tell him about price to performance ratios on ryzen 5.

He still wouldnt care ngl 

3 minutes ago, shea99 said:

He still wouldnt care ngl 

how much does he know about computers? it would be a good prank to actually put a ryzen in in and after he praises the performance reveal that its a different chip and then hand him the money he saved xD just kidding tough the i5 is still a good chip.

Just now, Alexzz_ said:

how much does he know about computers? it would be a good prank to actually put a ryzen in in and after he praises the performance reveal that its a different chip xD just kidding tough the i5 is still a good chip.

If he was dimmer i would