New computer build

AutismCats
Go to solution Solved by r3loAded,

have a look at this...I don't usually do part lists but I altered yours a little bit

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/DhjZ4C

EDIT: That 1070 Ti is perfect for node 202 as it will push the hot air outside of the case

Double EDIT: if needed you could ad a fan that will blow fresh air straight into the little fan of the blower of that gpu. I had a gtx 970 inside node 202 and had 2 corsair fans to push fresh air inside. 60 degrees at 80%load

1. Budget & Location

I have around £1000 for a laptop or desktop.Haven't really done anything with PCs before so yeah.

I move around a lot so I'd like it to be ITX.

2. Aim

I generally use my computer for light gaming and work. I also like messing around in blender/UE4 when I'm bored.

Games I tend to play are RTS/City building games.

3. Monitors

I have two 1080p USB monitors; both having 60HZ panels but I only use one for games and the other for chat.

4. Peripherals

I don't need windows or a keyboard/mouse. Though I'll probably upgrade later if anyone has any suggestions.

5. Why are you upgrading?

I have an old dell laptop and desktop. All I know is they have C2Q in them and an SSD.  I just would want a better experience, ya know?

Note: I don't really have any bias towards any company besides HP. Intel or AMD. This was the build I was thinking about using:

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/N34sbj

That's actually pretty much what I was gonna suggest. The only things I'd change are the case to something smaller (Silverstone SG13 or Fractal Design Node 202) and a different cooler.

EDIT: Or do these suggestions with @Thermosman's build, it's actually a bit better value.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

5 minutes ago, Thermosman said:

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/YspHvV

Cheaper cpu, better gpu

You didnt include memory in your first build

Sorry, forgot to put why I didn't add it.

I can get it cheaper near me which is why it's excluded RAM the budget. It's only £65 for 16GB.

Edit: As for the size, as long as it can fit in a medium sized luggage bag it's fine. Also thanks!

Be aware that Phanteks ITX case is not that "ITX". I just finished my build in it and definitely not that small.

As a kelvin suggested, if really interested in something small, go for Node 202. I had it and that's a small footprint of a case.

CPU: Ryzen 7 2700x, Cooling: Corsair H100i Platinum AIO MOBO: Asus Strix B450 F GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 Founders Edition + Arctic Accelero Xtreme III RAM: 2x8GB ThermalTake ToughRAM White 3200MHz PSU: Corsair RM850x White Storage: 250GB Samsung 970 Evo NVMe CASE: Corsair 275r Airflow White OTHER: White and Orange Cable Extensions ---- MONITOR: Samsung LC32JG5 32" WQHD 1440p VA 144Hz

Just now, r3loAded said:

Be aware that Phanteks ITX case is not that "ITX". I just finished my build in it and definitely not that small.

As a kelvin suggested, if really interested in something small, go for Node 202. I had it and that's a small footprint of a case.

Do you think the included 450W PSU would be enough for a ryzen 5 1600/1070ti w/o an OC?

Just now, AutismCats said:

Do you think the included 450W PSU would be enough for a ryzen 5 1600/1070ti w/o an OC?

Yes, but I'd pay a bit more for a nicer 600W PSU.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

Sorry, forgot to put why I didn't add it.

I can get it cheaper near me which is why it's excluded RAM the budget. It's only £65 for 16GB.

Ok

Then maybe go with 1080 or 1080 ti if you can stretch the budget

CPU: Ryzen 1700@3.9ghz; GPU: EVGA 560 Ti 1gb; RAM: 16gb 2x8 Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000; PCPP: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/b3xzzM

3 minutes ago, AutismCats said:

According pcpartpicker that's 309W of power in load, so if the PSU is good quality it'll be a breeze to power that. Look here on forum the PSU Tier list to see if the included one with the case is any good.

My bet is that it'll be enough and still headroom, so not much stress on the PSU.

CPU: Ryzen 7 2700x, Cooling: Corsair H100i Platinum AIO MOBO: Asus Strix B450 F GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 Founders Edition + Arctic Accelero Xtreme III RAM: 2x8GB ThermalTake ToughRAM White 3200MHz PSU: Corsair RM850x White Storage: 250GB Samsung 970 Evo NVMe CASE: Corsair 275r Airflow White OTHER: White and Orange Cable Extensions ---- MONITOR: Samsung LC32JG5 32" WQHD 1440p VA 144Hz

Id say go with the one you had yourself, exept that cough up some more dough for 1070 or 1070ti.

For gaming intel is far better, especially in 1080p, so unless you are planning to do rendering or something like that, there's no point in getting a ryzen.

''Daddy CumTits 2.0'' (pc):

CPU - Intel i7 8700k

GPU - Asus Strix 1080 8gb

RAM - 2x8gb Corsair Vengance 

MOBO - Asus Prime Z370-p

PSU - Corsair RM750x

2 minutes ago, AutismCats said:

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/bPfvwV

Slightly edited and costs a bit more. (Would have to wait a couple of weeks, which would be fine)

Looks good

CPU: Ryzen 1700@3.9ghz; GPU: EVGA 560 Ti 1gb; RAM: 16gb 2x8 Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000; PCPP: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/b3xzzM

1 minute ago, AutismCats said:

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/bPfvwV

Slightly edited and costs a bit more. (Would have to wait a couple of weeks, which would be fine)

You don't need 1080 ti for 1080p 60hz. Waste of money if you ask me. 1070ti is good value for money and go for Corsair SF600 for the PSU. Is much better than Silverstone and not much more expensive.

Just now, r3loAded said:

You don't need 1080 ti for 1080p 60hz. Waste of money if you ask me. 1070ti is good value for money and go for Corsair SF600 for the PSU. Is much better than Silverstone and not much more expensive.

Yeah, just looked at the tier list. Do you think it would be worth the extra £80 for a 1080?

Thanks for mentioning it.

Yeah, just looked at the tier list. Do you think it would be worth the extra £80 for a 1080?

Thanks for mentioning it.

No, 1070(ti if you want it) is more than enough for 1080p. 
Like i said, get intel instead if you are doing nothing but gaming. No point in getting near top tier gpu and mid tier cpu

''Daddy CumTits 2.0'' (pc):

CPU - Intel i7 8700k

GPU - Asus Strix 1080 8gb

RAM - 2x8gb Corsair Vengance 

MOBO - Asus Prime Z370-p

PSU - Corsair RM750x

have a look at this...I don't usually do part lists but I altered yours a little bit

EDIT: That 1070 Ti is perfect for node 202 as it will push the hot air outside of the case

Double EDIT: if needed you could ad a fan that will blow fresh air straight into the little fan of the blower of that gpu. I had a gtx 970 inside node 202 and had 2 corsair fans to push fresh air inside. 60 degrees at 80%load

2 minutes ago, r3loAded said:

Looks perfect; thanks a lot!

I'll update with some photos or something when it's done.

2 minutes ago, AutismCats said:

Looks perfect; thanks a lot!

I'll update with some photos or something when it's done.

Also, when buying components, make sure that you do a quick search on eBay as well. You might find them a tad cheaper in some cases.

Example: the Corsair SF600 has no price on pcpartpicker but found it on eBay from CCL for £106.85. Make sure you triple check all stores and search for the cheapest one including delivery.