SSD and HDD

Sa1tama

Hello! i wanted to install drivers for my new GPU, but it needs a newer versions of Windows. To upgrade windows, i need to have 8gb of storage which i don't have, so i want to create an USB windows installer, but it says that at least 8 gb is needed to perform this action. What do I do?

If you don't have enough storage to use the Microsoft tool, you can download the ISO and use UUI to make an installer.

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

1 minute ago, TheGlenlivet said:

2 minutes ago, Jamiec1130 said:

If you don't have enough storage to use the Microsoft tool, you can download the ISO and use UUI to make an installer.

image.thumb.png.8346e3e439b6d15d2e5c91aff0e1cffb.png

Just now, Lewiscpullan said:

So you're trying to perform a clean install?

But to keep my "Game Drive"

1 minute ago, _SAITAMA_ said:

But to keep my "Game Drive"

Ah so your game drive is on a separate drive to your boot drive right?

Just now, Lewiscpullan said:

Ah so your game drive is on a separate drive to your boot drive right?

I have an 32GB SSD and HDD (separated to D drive and E drive)

4 minutes ago, _SAITAMA_ said:

I have an 32GB SSD and HDD (separated to D drive and E drive)

Windows on SSD and game drive on HDD?  If you create a bootable drive and install the windows iso using the curation tool onto an 8gb usb drive you should be able to boot into the usb and when you come to install windows it'll give you an option to delete everything off your SSD and install windows onto it and it shouldn't effect your  HDD. There are plenty of videos on youtube and guides on the internet :)

4 minutes ago, Lewiscpullan said:

Windows on SSD and game drive on HDD?  If you create a bootable drive and install the windows iso using the curation tool onto an 8gb usb drive you should be able to boot into the usb and when you come to install windows it'll give you an option to delete everything off your SSD and install windows onto it and it shouldn't effect your  HDD. There are plenty of videos on youtube and guides on the internet :)

can you link one??? :D 

3 minutes ago, _SAITAMA_ said:

can you link one??? :D 

I think I used these 2 videos. Just be sure you defiantly don't need anything on your boot drive if so back it up also don't clear the wrong drive and that you have a windows key you can use.  

http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/software/operating-systems/1401617/how-to-clean-install-windows-10-and-create-boot-media/page/0/1