Webmin not loading right

I am using webmin for local server to play around with. I set it up so you can access it from webmin.mydomain.com and I can log in and see any pages for the sidebar menu but nothing else. No actions work either. It just gets stuck in a loading phase with that little bar at the top.

Ideas on what might be wrong? It is behind a Nginx reverse proxy

Can you ssh to the box and ssh port forward to the web server port that has webmin (bypassing nginx) and test?

i have a super vague memory of webmin being read only until you modified a file allowing something but I could be wrong. 

50 minutes ago, LT16 said:

Can you ssh to the box and ssh port forward to the web server port that has webmin (bypassing nginx) and test?

i have a super vague memory of webmin being read only until you modified a file allowing something but I could be wrong. 

I figured it out sorta, all actions happen with the data sent to port 10000 and I was accessing it on port 80 (reverse proxy) so the data was not sending. I found how to change the port but port 80 would not work so I gave up and have resorted to just using webmin locally (internal network) instead of using a webmin.domainname.com

6 minutes ago, KirbyTech said:

I figured it out sorta, all actions happen with the data sent to port 10000 and I was accessing it on port 80 (reverse proxy) so the data was not sending. I found how to change the port but port 80 would not work so I gave up and have resorted to just using webmin locally (internal network) instead of using a webmin.domainname.com

I don’t know nginx well enough to comment but when using reverse proxies i know that every different app, website, tool, etc, needs a little tweaking with the proxy rules or the URL rewrite rules (I’ve mostly done reverse proxying with Apache and some F5 load balances). 

Its to a bit of a mind field but that’s where I would look. 

Just now, LT16 said:

I don’t know nginx well enough to comment but when using reverse proxies i know that every different app, website, tool, etc, needs a little tweaking with the proxy rules or the URL rewrite rules (I’ve mostly done reverse proxying with Apache and some F5 load balances). 

Its to a bit of a mind field but that’s where I would look. 

I figure I could get it but instead went for the remote access into my desktop and just open webmin that way. I have no interest in dicking around with it today, I'm more concerned about my 15 mb/s transfer speeds to a raid 1 array that the same drive in a different OS a few days ago were doing 100 mb/s + 

Webmin will get fixed in time and I'm sure your idea will help but for now that has to sit on the back burner. Good idea though btw, didn't think of URL rewriting.