Suggestion

Krazes

Why not have ranks for example, 1 month then expired, 3 months then expired, 1 year then expired and permanent ranks instead of monthly payments? :P

"I don't know what your problem is, but it seems like you don't like me. Besides, I can't put you in any mood - you put yourself into a 'mood' when you take the little things personally."

My guess would be because running these forums is not a 'one time' payment. Servers cost per month, software licences are per month, and if permanent ranks were to be introduced, the regularity of the financial support for the forums would be reduced quite substantially. Also, one lump sum is unlikely to be equal to a small amount over a long period of time. Those are my thoughts on the reasoning behind it. Although your idea of x time then expired could be implemented, or maybe a 'former donator' status would work in a similar way. 

Disclaimer : I might be wrong.

True, but maybe have a small rank which people can buy permanently and the higher value ones as monthly payments.  

Just now, cox1000 said:

My guess would be because running these forums is not a 'one time' payment. Servers cost per month, software licences are per month, and if permanent ranks were to be introduced, the regularity of the financial support for the forums would be reduced quite substantially. Also, one lump sum is unlikely to be equal to a small amount over a long period of time. Those are my thoughts on the reasoning behind it. Although your idea of x time then expired could be implemented, or maybe a 'former donator' status would work in a similar way. 

"I don't know what your problem is, but it seems like you don't like me. Besides, I can't put you in any mood - you put yourself into a 'mood' when you take the little things personally."

There are few permanent things. Like supported badges. I wish they would do another campaign for them.

But I don't understand why you suggest having "expiring ranks". We have contributor badges, which are kinda same thing. They do expire once you don't pay anymore.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

True, but maybe have a small rank which people can buy permanently and the higher value ones as monthly payments.  

24 minutes ago, cox1000 said:

Kinda already do don't we? Like footplane pilot and the contributor ranks?

20 minutes ago, Krazes said:

What do you call "small" rank? Why would someone pay for "small rank"? This is among those things that if they do it, it will be expensive. Like $500 for rare badges. Its more hassle and having cheap price would make it so easy to have, it would defeat purpose of having something for true fans. 

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv