Cpu problems

So I am new to building computers. I have a problem. When I start the computer up it turns on 5 beeps play and shuts off and starts doing the same thing again. Looked up what the beeps (gigabyte board) meant and it means that I have a cpu error. I have checked the cpu socket and there are no bent pins. I have taken every thing out and plugged it back in. I've even reset the bios by undoing the cmos battery and turning it on and off the putting the cmos battery back in. I'm at a total loss as to what is happening.

double checked 8pin connector?

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800x3D | MoBo: MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | RAM: G.Skill F4-3600C15D-16GTZ @3800CL16 | GPU: RTX 2080Ti | PSU: Corsair HX1200 | 

Case: Lian Li 011D XL | Storage: Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB, Crucial MX500 500GB | Soundcard: Soundblaster ZXR | Mouse: Razer Viper Mini | Keyboard: Razer Huntsman TE Monitor: DELL AW2521H @360Hz |

3 hours ago, Its snowin cpus said:

Gigabyte h170-gaming 3 and a i5-7600k

You probably need to update your motherboard BIOS to support Kabylake (i5 7600K).

CPU/ CPU Cooler: i7-6700K - 4.5GHz with Noctua DH-15S | Motherboard: ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming | RAM: 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2400MHz | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB M.2 | HDD: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 7200 RPM | GPU: Zotac GeForce GTX 1060 Amp! Edition | Case: Corsair 400C | PSU: FSP Aurum S 650W | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Monitor: BenQ GL2460HM FHD | Speakers: JBL Pebbles | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Steelseries Sensei 310

Like @davyre89 said you prob need to update your bios. Check what version your bios is atm, they started supporting 7th gen cpu's after F20 so if its under that, you found your problem

''Daddy CumTits 2.0'' (pc):

CPU - Intel i7 8700k

GPU - Asus Strix 1080 8gb

RAM - 2x8gb Corsair Vengance 

MOBO - Asus Prime Z370-p

PSU - Corsair RM750x

Yep, check the BIOS version. I think Gigabyte boards can do a BIOS update without a CPU

16 minutes ago, Apepa said:

Yep, check the BIOS version. I think Gigabyte boards can do a BIOS update without a CPU

What is your BIOS version?

CPU/ CPU Cooler: i7-6700K - 4.5GHz with Noctua DH-15S | Motherboard: ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming | RAM: 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2400MHz | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB M.2 | HDD: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 7200 RPM | GPU: Zotac GeForce GTX 1060 Amp! Edition | Case: Corsair 400C | PSU: FSP Aurum S 650W | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Monitor: BenQ GL2460HM FHD | Speakers: JBL Pebbles | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Steelseries Sensei 310

How do I update the bios. I figured this part out.

So I tried turning the computer on without the cpu and it just turns on and the off almost immediately. Still no bios

On 1/4/2018 at 3:07 AM, davyre89 said:

What is your BIOS version?

F20

5 hours ago, Its snowin cpus said:

So I tried turning the computer on without the cpu and it just turns on and the off almost immediately. Still no bios

Try re-seating your rams (if you have a pair, try slotting 1 first) and clear CMOS.

4 minutes ago, davyre89 said:

Try re-seating your rams (if you have a pair, try slotting 1 first) and clear CMOS.

I've done both of those. I even replaced the cmos battery.

5 hours ago, Its snowin cpus said:

So I tried turning the computer on without the cpu

Wait, so you didn't insert your CPU?

9 minutes ago, davyre89 said:

Wait, so you didn't insert your CPU?

I have it in again but somebody suggested turning it on without the cpu to try and get bios so that way I could update the bios but it didn't work.

6 minutes ago, Its snowin cpus said:

I have it in again but somebody suggested turning it on without the cpu to try and get bios so that way I could update the bios but it didn't work.

Your BIOS is updated, try turning on with CPU in, if it doesn't, then:

29 minutes ago, davyre89 said:

5 minutes ago, davyre89 said:

Again I've done both but still getting the 5 beeps which means cpu error

On 1/4/2018 at 7:21 PM, davyre89 said:

Anything else I can do I've been doing this stuff for about 3 or 4 days.

On 1/7/2018 at 2:11 AM, Its snowin cpus said:

If what mentioned above were done, I would get the motherboard checked by friend or local store.

Instead of trying to prove why the calculator tells 1+1=3, better solution would be to get the calculator checked.

On 1/6/2018 at 1:11 PM, Its snowin cpus said:

You have to get a cpu compatible with the 100-series chipset to update the bios to be able to run your processor on it. I'd say get a motherboard with the 200-series chipset and return your old one. I'd suggest getting the Z270 chipset to be able to overclock your 7600K, but if you know you won't overclock, get the H270 since Z270 tends to be slightly more expensive.

On 1/7/2018 at 7:54 PM, Ωhmbreon said:

You have to get a cpu compatible with the 100-series chipset to update the bios to be able to run your processor on it. I'd say get a motherboard with the 200-series chipset and return your old one. I'd suggest getting the Z270 chipset to be able to overclock your 7600K, but if you know you won't overclock, get the H270 since Z270 tends to be slightly more expensive.

So I went out found somebody that let me use a g3900 and it's still giving me a cpu error code.

2 hours ago, Its snowin cpus said:

So I went out found somebody that let me use a g3900 and it's still giving me a cpu error code.

Check for bent pins in the socket. One bent pin can render the entire system useless.

And make sure you've plugged in the CPU power connector.

26 minutes ago, Ωhmbreon said:

Check for bent pins in the socket. One bent pin can render the entire system useless.

And make sure you've plugged in the CPU power connector.

I'll check for pins one more time but the cpu connector is in.