AMD Virtualisation HELP!

EoinP

So i build my new amd machine, i partitoned the hard disk to run windows on one and mac on the other. now this didn't work for me as i would have had to make a new install of windows on the mac partition to format it to GPT. so instead i went for a virtual machine. so i downloaded vmware and got my os installed. BUT WAIT!

the first boot up was a fail! it required me to have AMD-V enabled in bios. now im no tech wiz but from what ive read online its to do with virtualization. so i went on trusty old google and found a page on tomshardware that said to enable in the cpu config secure virtual machine mode. or smv. this was disabled! i enabled it and went back into windows where it DIDNT WORK! so now ive ended up here. the last notifcation it gave me told me that there was a bug in the real physical cpu that would cause everything to shut down!

it gave me two options. restart the virtual machine or shut down the virtual machine. ive tried both options with the same message appearing. can anyone help?? 

many thanks, Eoin. 

What are all your specs? It is true, you need to have virtualization enabled in the BIOS in order to run any kind of virtual machine. Next, you need to make sure your PC has enough power to run Windows and the OS of the virtual machine. This includes having enough processing threads, memory, and disk space.

Not sure if you know this already, but virtual machines run off of physical system resources. Also, make sure you installed macOS on your virtual machine's hard drive.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

SPECS:

AMD Ryzen 5 1600 

GEFORCE GTX 960 2GB GDDR5

2x4GB Corsair Vengeance 3000Mhz Ram DDR4

ASROCK AB350M PRO4

EVGA 450W PSU

2TB Seagate HDD

its running windows 10 and the software for virtualization is called VMware Workstation Player running el capitan. i have dedicated 4 out of my 6 cores to it.

now from what ive said above. i was special and said ok to restart but clicked do not show again. so now its stuck in an infinite loophole until i find a way to fix it.

also im v proud of ur signatures c: