Ram on Ryzen running at 3466?

Go to solution Solved by Binder,

Use HCI memtest. Picks up errors pretty good when done properly. Run it overnight for a basic check, or if you wanna be thorough , 1500-2000%. I'm also a big believer in the blend test of prime95 , set under custom to around 90-92% of free ram you have . spotted my ram oc inatabilitties pretty much every time, usually its rather quick also. I think HCI + prime custom blend through the entire night (separately of course!) Is an excellent way to validate ram oc stability. 

I can say that for example, in my own personal experoance, prime and hci both picked up memory errors within minutes, while memtest86 that ran for like 8 hours reported that everything is good. Memtest86 is not as good for varifying oc, its more for checking the integrity of the module itself. 

Hey guys,

So first off - I have never dealt with memory oc'ing. I have only loaded an XMP on my last memory so please excuse my poor knowledge. I just loaded into windows after updating to the latest bios on my ASUS Strix b350-f and setting my memory at the rated 3466 speed - my memory is Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x8Gb 3466 CL16, and it is a Hynix B-die. I still haven't oc'ed my Ryzen 5 1600 if that is relevant.

Could you suggest any memory stress testing methodologies?

Hi,

Running 3466 on corsair LPX 3200 without changing voltage.

I used Memtest86 running all night to check stability (I'm on a GA-AX370-Gaming 5).  I got some errors at 3600.

Use HCI memtest. Picks up errors pretty good when done properly. Run it overnight for a basic check, or if you wanna be thorough , 1500-2000%. I'm also a big believer in the blend test of prime95 , set under custom to around 90-92% of free ram you have . spotted my ram oc inatabilitties pretty much every time, usually its rather quick also. I think HCI + prime custom blend through the entire night (separately of course!) Is an excellent way to validate ram oc stability. 

I can say that for example, in my own personal experoance, prime and hci both picked up memory errors within minutes, while memtest86 that ran for like 8 hours reported that everything is good. Memtest86 is not as good for varifying oc, its more for checking the integrity of the module itself.