2 Monitors 1 Computer

DarshanDash

I'm getting a new monitor soon and i have this current which supports DVI and VGA i am using DVI so my question is can i use 2 monitors for 1 gpu? it has HDMI and DVI 

Just now, kerradeph said:

Yes.

What if one monitor is hooked up on a DVI and the other monitor on a HDMI? Will it still work? If so how do i configure them and all so i can game on one monitor and the other for just web browsing

Just now, DarshanDash said:

What if one monitor is hooked up on a DVI and the other monitor on a HDMI? Will it still work? If so how do i configure them and all so i can game on one monitor and the other for just web browsing

Yes that will still work, In windows display options you will set a "main display" that will be what most programs open to including games so have your gaming monitor set to your main display

System Specs

CPU: I7-5820k   MOBO:Asus X99 strix   RAM: 32gb corsair Dominator Platinum 2666mhz   GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming 980TI  PSU: Corsair RM1000i 

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/mg7k2R

Yes, there's no problem with that. I'm running one monitor on DVI, One of HDMI, and one of Display Port. Be default Windows should just span them, if you go into the display settings window you can choose how they're positioned relative to eachother from the computers perspective. 

Okay so lets assume if i bought monitor B as the new one and i set it as my main monitor right? What will i see in the second monitor? Monitor A (My old monitor)? 

Also are there any precautions i should take into consideration GPU overheating etc?

Hi everyone dont wanna sound like bumping but if i plugged my main monitor into the my gtx 960 and the old monitor to my motherboard can that work? I just wanna use the old monitor for browing the web while using any games or stuff like that.