upgraded to ryzen not booting

so i just upgraded my old pc with a ryzen 1600x, a. nd a new motherboard and ram to go with it. when I turn on my pc, sometimes the fans/lights turn on, then off immediately, but sometimes it boots to the login screen and after I log in it blue screens with the error code system_service_exception. also, I booted into the bios and saw that my cpu was at 70+ c, could the pump on my cooler be not wokring?

please help.

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600x

GPU: 2 GTX 970's (SLI)

Motherboard: Gigabyte AX370-Gaming K5

Ram: 8GB XPG

Cooler: NZXT Kraken x62

PSU: EVGA 850 Watt 

1 minute ago, Raisins said:

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600x

GPU: 2 GTX 970's (SLI)

Motherboard: Gigabyte AX370-Gaming K5

Ram: 8GB XPG

Cooler: NZXT Kraken x62

PSU: EVGA 850 Watt 

Check if the pump failed by turning it on and putting your ear right next to it to hear water flowing and/or resting a finger on it to feel vibrations.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

I have already tried putting my ear next to it and I haven't heard anything. I don't feel anything in the tube. I'm doing a fresh install of windows and it hasn't crashed yet.

Change your cooler asap and don't power the system on until you have.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Ordered a replacement cooler, I will try that out and see if it works. If it doesn’t what other problems could it be? Also when I boot into the bios, the CPI temp climbs to 80 then crashes, but it always starts out at exactly 60 and raises by only 1.0 degrees at a time. Could it be a faulty CPU?

20 hours ago, Raisins said:

Ordered a replacement cooler, I will try that out and see if it works. If it doesn’t what other problems could it be? Also when I boot into the bios, the CPI temp climbs to 80 then crashes, but it always starts out at exactly 60 and raises by only 1.0 degrees at a time. Could it be a faulty CPU?

Doesn't sound like it, you'll want to test all your components individually though if it still happens with the replacement cooler.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!