Instability. Need help

Squidkingdom

OK, so I recently new motherboard after my previous one took a light swim (Long Story). Anyway, I couldn't afford a brand spankin new MB so I took a risk on a open box. This was not the right decision. Micro Center doesn't tell you why a product was returned. Anyway, so I get this motherboard and start getting everything setup and I start to put the CPU in. I look in the socket and my eyes lock on a abnormality in the socket. The pins were bent.  Aside from the ignorance the Micro Center showed by putting the product up for sale, this was not my doing. I quickly looked up one of Linus's old videos on how to restore bent pins and went on with the build. I plug in everything and something weird happened. Now before I say what went wrong I want to say the the board I have (ASUS ROG STRIX Z270E Gaming) has a LED based POST State checker thing of sorts. Four LED's for each of the essential components. In order its CPU, RAM, VGA, BOOT DEVICE. The CPU light is a quick check and it lights up and then the RAM light comes on quickly, disappears, and the whole system reboots. Then when it reboots it quickly checks the CPU, then the ram lights stays on for a decent amount of time, disappears, then goes on to check the VGA and BOOT DEVICE and then powers on as normal. Is this dangerous? Once I saw the motherboard had pins bent that I bent back, (quite well if i do say so myself Kappa), became a temporary MB until I can drive the 1:15 hour round trip to Micro Center again. I'd still like to know if this is really bad.

Specs that have anything to do with this.

ASUS ROG STRIX Z270E Gaming

Intel i7 6700k (Stock Speed like a newb)

G-Skill Ripjaw 1 x 16gb stick

Asus GTX 1070 8gb  OC ROG AURA

so it does the checks and then works okay?

it looks like it resets the bios everytime you turn it off, which is why it checks itself again...

check the CMOS battery. 

She/Her

2 minutes ago, firelighter487 said:

so it does the checks and then works okay?

it looks like it resets the bios everytime you turn it off, which is why it checks itself again...

check the CMOS battery. 

I believe it’s supposed to do that every time. It’s described as a *feature*

ill still check though

Just now, Squidkingdom said:

I believe it’s supposed to do that every time. It’s described as a *feature*

oh okay. 

but your system works normally after the checks? 

She/Her

2 hours ago, firelighter487 said:

oh okay. 

but your system works normally after the checks? 

Not anymore, tried to bootup this morning and its completely dead. 

To microcenter i go!