No idea what is wrong, first time build.

Riley8214

Hey all, I am building my first PC and been at it for awhile it seems now. Go to power it on and nothing powers up beside my mobo. No fan spinning on graphics card on CPU cooler. I went and unplugged everything, then plugged it all back in and same thing happens. I am looking for literally any help as at this point I am very frustrated and just feel like a huge idiot not being able to solve the problem. Heres my build https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/user/greedygengar/saved/KXN2RB and heres some pictures https://imgur.com/a/7LM4X Really appreciate any and all help

First try to test the board with less components until you either find the solution and/or are left with the bare minimum to start it (CPU, MB, PSU) and maybe try to paperclip test the psu. It could be faulty and the cause because I've experienced similar things with a seasonic on a friends build. First thought it would be MC or CPU as he tightened the cooler down way too much but after the paperclip test and some RMA we found out the PSU was broken.

18 hours ago, ImPunn1 said:

First try to test the board with less components until you either find the solution and/or are left with the bare minimum to start it (CPU, MB, PSU) and maybe try to paperclip test the psu. It could be faulty and the cause because I've experienced similar things with a seasonic on a friends build. First thought it would be MC or CPU as he tightened the cooler down way too much but after the paperclip test and some RMA we found out the PSU was broken.

Yeah, there could be some power rails on the PSU that aren't coming up, I.E your 5 vault line which would cause the motherboard to start initializing but there's no 12V lines to power up anything else.