"UnUpdatable" Windows 10

Hello guys, 

Do you know what's with my mb/ahci and ide drivers? 

1. I installed Windows 10 at AHCI, even IDE with no problems, except BSoD with no fail code

2. After that I wanted to update Win to latest build, so I started installation etc. etc. 

3. At 89 % the update assistant normally asked me for restart 

4. After restart the Windows started updates. It was probably at 29 % and suddenly my PC restarted

5. Boot to OS with drive repair etc. And BSoD 0xc000000f.

6. When it boots Win (without updates), Win are lagging and in task manager I have 100% drive use. WTF? 

Sometimes it boots to OS normally, but without the update. Sometimes it boots without that 4. point.

But in most of it I see that code 0xc000000f. Now that drive is fully clean with no OS.

So my question is: How can I install Win 10 and its latest update without any problems? 

Thank you for your advance. 

Why are you using any IDE drivers at all? That is likely one factor in your issues. Don't select IDE in the BIOS, always AHCI. After setting AHCI in the BIOS, boot to safe mode first, then boot normally. You can also follow this procedure in Windows:

1. Right-click the Windows Start Menu. Choose Command Prompt (Admin).
  2. Type this command and press ENTER: bcdedit /set {current} safeboot minimal
  3. Restart the computer and enter BIOS Setup (the key to press varies between systems).
  4. Change the SATA Operation mode to AHCI from either IDE or RAID (again, the language varies).
  5. Save changes and exit Setup and Windows will automatically boot to Safe Mode.
  6. Right-click the Windows Start Menu once more. Choose Command Prompt (Admin).
  7. Type this command and press ENTER: bcdedit /deletevalue {current} safeboot
  8. Reboot once more and Windows will automatically start with AHCI drivers enabled.