Is this a good setup?

Cptlunardust

Over this next year or so I plan on saving my money to buy a new gaming computer since a laptop just can't cut it and I was wondering is this is a good setup or are there any other changes or additions I should make to the setup? I'm buying the parts as the year goes on, so I am not in any rush. Open to all suggestions, I am just new at this and want to not have my first built PC to be a failure. I plan on playing games like Dark Souls 3, Divinity Original Sin 2 and Fallout 4 to name a few.

Link to Pc parts:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/rr3xD8

Don't buy parts over a longer period of time, save up, and buy them all at once

:)

Just now, seon123 said:

Don't buy parts over a longer period of time, save up, and buy them all at once

Yea, Im saving up over this year or so and buying them when I have all the money needed.

These parts will be obsolete in the next years. But you can buy them as used ones it will be a lot cheaper for you. The build is nice but it could be even nicer if you can bump up the GPU: get a 1070 instead.

2 minutes ago, Cptlunardust said:

Yea, Im saving up over this year or so and buying them when I have all the money needed.

By then the parts in your list will change. 

??? Wanna join ??? my free??gift card??? giveaway??? Click ⤵ the subrscribe button?? ,turn? the notifications on ??? and finally leave a nice comment ??down below⬇⬇ , now without further adue ??? lets get on?? with the video▶▶

7 minutes ago, Cptlunardust said:

if you're buying them after months of saving up then new parts will arrive and prices will change, so wait until 1-2 weeks before you actually buy the parts to ask.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

7 minutes ago, Cptlunardust said:

The general advice you'll get from our community is that you should ask for a parts list as you are ready to click the buy button, this is because prices change (by next year RAM prices might be way better, or not, for instance) and new hardware is released over the course of a year.

That said we can comment on your list as though you were going to buy right now if you like :)

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

23 minutes ago, Cptlunardust said:

any other changes or additions I should make to the setup? 

Get a key for Windows 10 from Kinguin. Much cheaper...

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/dzr4RG
Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/dzr4RG/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz 6-Core Processor  ($201.98 @ Newegg) 
Motherboard: ASRock - AB350 Pro4 ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($93.98 @ Newegg) 
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  ($190.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($84.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($59.99 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: MSI - GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB GAMING X 4G Video Card  ($176.98 @ Newegg) 
Case: Phanteks - Eclipse P300 Tempered Glass ATX Mid Tower Case  ($49.99 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: EVGA - BQ 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($53.98 @ Newegg) 
Case Fan: Cooler Master - SickleFlow (Red) 69.7 CFM  120mm Fan  ($7.99 @ Newegg) 
Monitor: Acer - GN246HL 24.0" 1920x1080 144Hz Monitor  ($199.99 @ Newegg) 
Keyboard: Thermaltake - Commander Bundle Wired Gaming Keyboard w/Optical Mouse  ($34.06 @ Newegg) 
Total: $1154.92
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-12-23 23:59 EST-0500

??? Wanna join ??? my free??gift card??? giveaway??? Click ⤵ the subrscribe button?? ,turn? the notifications on ??? and finally leave a nice comment ??down below⬇⬇ , now without further adue ??? lets get on?? with the video▶▶

Bad build... You don't need thermal paste it comes with the cooler, case fans that come with the case are enough, 144hz monitor with a 1050ti??. Bad case, no need for sound card it's inbuilt into the mobo, 550w is more than enough (tx550m). Why are you getting two mouses, on that note, get a devastator 2 combo with memchanical keys. I would use the SSD's money for a 1060, or even better, wait until the 2060 comes out early q1 of next year... And all this for  $1350, Linus made a budget $1000 build with a 1060, though it's a bit outdated. I would use KMS activator instead of buying original windows for a $1000 build. So if you drop the SSD and windows you can even get 1070. Ryzen 1600 is good enough.

2 minutes ago, Redstoneary said:

I'm sorry but isn't tx550m good as well, it's a tier one psu and is gold rated, it is more than enough to handle a 1050ti... And most importantly cheaper

On 12/25/2017 at 1:09 AM, Redstoneary said:

To some people, budget isn't an issue but, I understand your reasoning.

I'm sorry but he does have a budget, I'm just telling him to drop a few things consider unnecessary to save up and get a better GPU, that will help him more. And even a tx550m is overkill for his build, a PC with 1070 from Asus has a 450w psu inside.but he should still get a 550w to be safe if he upgrades down the line.

Get a Ryzen 1600, not the 1600X. Dump the cooler, the stock one is fine for modest overclocks. Get a cheaper PSU (but not too cheap). Buy a key for Windows 10 for about $10, or just use the free upgrade offer right now, (roll back if necessary), associate it with a Microsoft account and then install it fresh on your new build. Get something like a Phanteks P300 case. If you are near a Microcenter, or a Staples, you can pick up a Ryzen 1600 plus a mobo for just over $200 total, so that alone would save you about $160 bucks. Put all the money saved towards a 1060 6Gb or better, and/or maybe a better monitor. You can get a 27" 144Hz, 1440p IPS/VA panel for $300.