Best gaming headphones for Xbox and PC

skeeler88

So I'm trying to find a gaming headset that works on Xbox AND PC. Price $150-300 in the US. Not a fan of turtle beaches, corsair,  or razor. If anyone can recommend some they have used and even give a review, it would be much appreciated 

Get a good pair of regular headphones, a modmic 5 and an adapter to hook up both to your controller. (Alternatively connect it to your TV/monitor and just use the controller for your microphone.) I personally use the BeyerDyanmic DT 770 Pro and it sounds much better than any gaming branded headset I ever tried. The bass is incredible, explosions and gunfire really come to life. And I can really listen to footsteps to find out an enemy's location. It's closed off so good to use if you have roommates/a partner who could get bothered by you playing at night. Only downside is that it's not comfortable to wear around your neck at all.

1 hour ago, skeeler88 said:

So I'm trying to find a gaming headset that works on Xbox AND PC. Price $150-300 in the US. Not a fan of turtle beaches, corsair,  or razor. If anyone can recommend some they have used and even give a review, it would be much appreciated 

Logitech G633

If you're looking for a budget/cheaper ones, id recommend you the HyperX Cloud 2 (or better yet, their latest one, the HyperX Cloud Alpha which has dual chamber that gives a much better bass/audio. You can get them for just $90~$100.00. Just look it up on amazon or ebay.

18 hours ago, MGsubbie said:

Get a good pair of regular headphones, a modmic 5 and an adapter to hook up both to your controller. (Alternatively connect it to your TV/monitor and just use the controller for your microphone.) I personally use the BeyerDyanmic DT 770 Pro and it sounds much better than any gaming branded headset I ever tried. The bass is incredible, explosions and gunfire really come to life. And I can really listen to footsteps to find out an enemy's location. It's closed off so good to use if you have roommates/a partner who could get bothered by you playing at night. Only downside is that it's not comfortable to wear around your neck at all.

Don't have roommates but do enjoy closed back. To be honest, I would have no clue how to buy a separate headphone and mic to use for both PC and Xbox. Kinda looking for a user easy headset that has good surround sound and directional sound

@skeeler88

As long as the mic and headphones use a 3.5mm end, the skinny jack that plugs into a cell phone that isnt an AppleX :P (e.g. not a USB or 3 pin XLR) you literally just plug the adapter into the 3.5mm port between the bumpers and plug the headphones and mic into their respective spots on the adapter. 

There's nothing more to it :) Plug and play!

The DT770 will really make a huge difference if you want that big bass and treble.

As for the Mic (thanks for the ModMic rec!) ours installs in minutes... and there's a ton of guides written on how to do it. Though you should wait at least an hour for the adhesive to set properly. It isn't the only option of course (it's just the best option! haha) - but seriously, consider getting the DT770 if you can afford them and like that V shape sound for gaming. HyperX makes good stuff for its price, but its not quite the same as a DT770 + ModMic combo for gaming. Though admittedly I have not tried the new Cloud Alphas. Avoid Logitech IMO.

Director of Marketing for Antlion Audio, creators of the ModMic.

More info at www.ModMic.com

Ask questions, I'm friendly!