Gtx 1060

datvu4202
Go to solution Solved by Streetguru,
18 minutes ago, datvu4202 said:

It's a little laggy when I play something like PUBG or even for honor

PUBG runs terribly on all hardware

For For Honor just turn down the settings to medium/high and you'll be fine your CPU is fine for that game, as it's basically equal to the i3 6100 here

for-honor-gpu-1080p-extreme.png

CPU_01.png

Should I upgrade from a 1050ti to a 1060 6gb with a g4560 (Pentium)

Will it bottleneck??

Between the zotac 1060 6gb mini https://www.zotac.com/us/product/graphics_card/zotac-geforce-gtx-1060-mini

and the palit 1060 dual 6gb 

http://www.palit.com/palit/vgapro.php?id=2674

P/s: can you recommend a good cpu and gpu performance tracking program? Pleaseeee

1 minute ago, datvu4202 said:

For 1080p 60hz? Your GPU and CPU are mostly fine just save your money.

MSI afterburner is alright.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

Depends on what you play. Most of the time RX 580 is the better deal because it is cheaper.

I use the on screen display OSD function of MSI Afterburner

CPU: i7-2600K 4751MHz 1.44V (software) --> 1.47V at the back of the socket Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 (BCLK: 103.3MHz) CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 RAM: Adata XPG 2x8GB DDR3 (XMP: 2133MHz 10-11-11-30 CR2, custom: 2203MHz 10-11-10-26 CR1 tRFC:230 tREFI:14000) GPU: Asus GTX 1070 Dual (Super Jetstream vbios, +70(2025-2088MHz)/+400(8.8Gbps)) SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (main boot drive), Transcend SSD370 128GB PSU: Seasonic X-660 80+ Gold Case: Antec P110 Silent, 5 intakes 1 exhaust Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz (150Hz max w/ DP, 121Hz max w/ HDMI) TN panel Keyboard: Logitech G610 Orion (Cherry MX Blue) with SteelSeries Apex M260 keycaps Mouse: BenQ Zowie FK1

Model: HP Omen 17 17-an110ca CPU: i7-8750H (0.125V core & cache, 50mV SA undervolt) GPU: GTX 1060 6GB Mobile (+80/+450, 1650MHz~1750MHz 0.78V~0.85V) RAM: 8+8GB DDR4-2400 18-17-17-39 2T Storage: HP EX920 1TB PCIe x4 M.2 SSD + Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA SSD, 128GB Toshiba PCIe x2 M.2 SSD (KBG30ZMV128G) gone cooking externally, 1TB Seagate 7200RPM 2.5" HDD (ST1000LM049-2GH172) left outside Monitor: 1080p 126Hz IPS G-sync

Desktop benching:

Cinebench R15 Single thread:168 Multi-thread: 833 

SuperPi (v1.5 from Techpowerup, PI value output) 16K: 0.100s 1M: 8.255s 32M: 7m 45.93s

Just now, Streetguru said:

For 1080p 60hz? Your GPU and CPU are mostly fine just save your money.

MSI afterburner is alright.

1 minute ago, Jurrunio said:

Depends on what you play. Most of the time RX 580 is the better deal because it is cheaper.

I use the on screen display OSD function of MSI Afterburner

Something like PUBG or For honor

18 minutes ago, datvu4202 said:

For For Honor just turn down the settings to medium/high and you'll be fine your CPU is fine for that game, as it's basically equal to the i3 6100 here

CPU_01.png

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

19 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

CPU_01.png

I know PUBG runs terrible, so maybe I can go with the gtx 1060 to run it at high without dipping below 60fps and can prevent some future games as well

6 minutes ago, datvu4202 said:

I know PUBG runs terrible, so maybe I can go with the gtx 1060 to run it at high without dipping below 60fps and can prevent some future games as well

It's not worth it because it's hardly a step up from your current GPU overall, just save up for next gen GPUs when say 1070/Vega 56 performance is $300 or less

Spoiler

3 hours ago, Streetguru said:

It's not worth it because it's hardly a step up from your current GPU overall, just save up for next gen GPUs when say 1070/Vega 56 performance is $300 or less

But what about dual monitor??

3 minutes ago, datvu4202 said:

But what about dual monitor??

Adding a second monitor isn't going to affect your performance at all, you aren't going to be gaming across both monitors I'm pretty sure.

Spoiler

9 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

Adding a second monitor isn't going to affect your performance at all, you aren't going to be gaming across both monitors I'm pretty sure.

Man I've seen so many people said that the differences between those two cards are huge.

I'm very confused

5 hours ago, datvu4202 said:

Man I've seen so many people said that the differences between those two cards are huge.

I'm very confused

Now your confusing me

7 hours ago, datvu4202 said:

I'm very confused

If you were buying this system new it may be worth the step up, but since you already have the 1050ti, just tweak your graphical settings and you should be able to easily hit 60fps in most games at medium-high settings.

Spoiler

8 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

If you were buying this system new it may be worth the step up, but since you already have the 1050ti, just tweak your graphical settings and you should be able to easily hit 60fps in most games at medium-high settings.

I'll probably sell my gtx 1050ti for 2/3 the price I bought it and get the 1060 so maybe it's not that bad 

16 minutes ago, datvu4202 said:

I'll probably sell my gtx 1050ti for 2/3 the price I bought it and get the 1060 so maybe it's not that bad 

Just save your money for the next generation of GPUs, that way you'll get your true step up with say 100% more performance at a lower price than current gen rather than a 40-60% increase with a 1060

Spoiler

5 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

Just save your money for the next generation of GPUs, that way you'll get your true step up with say 100% more performance at a lower price than current gen rather than a 40-60% increase with a 1060

Ohhhh I got your point