Motherboard chipset heatsink?

Go to solution Solved by Crunchy Dragon,

The MOSFETs and VRMs for the CPU don't technically need cooling, my board does fine without them. They're obviously better if you're going to be performance overclocking and need reliability(I was stable at 4.4Ghz on my A6-5400K)

So I'm putting together an MATX lga1366 build but the motherboard I bought doesn't have a heatsink on the northbridge chipset, I bought and after market cooler for it and some thermal pads but I notice the stock cooler in the pictures have a heat pipe that goes up to the mosfets next to the cpu, Do I need another after market cooler for those as well and if so where do I get one? The Motherboard model is the Asus Rampage Gene ii x58

The MOSFETs and VRMs for the CPU don't technically need cooling, my board does fine without them. They're obviously better if you're going to be performance overclocking and need reliability(I was stable at 4.4Ghz on my A6-5400K)

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

2 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

That's what I thought, just wanted to make sure, thanks!

Just now, Tenadisic said:

That's what I thought, just wanted to make sure, thanks!

No problem! Good luck with your build!

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!