Higher temps with Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut

So, I spent $30 for a tube of Kryonaut thinking I could knock off a degree or two on my 8600K @ 4.8ghz.  I cleaned the heat sink and cpu with 90% alcohol, removing the mx4 I had been using only a few days.  I applied a layer of Kryonaut and remounted my cooler master 240 AIO.  My max temp with prime95 went from 83 to 84.  It might have gone to 85 but I quit the test.  My results seem to be verified by the youtube video I found (link below).  Is this stuff bunk?  I am certain I applied the paste correctly.

Make sure it's a very thin layer and nothing to thick. I always had good results with the thermal paste.

You need to take other variables into account like when you did your last test and what room temps were and compare them your current room temps. It's only one degree. Allot of thermal paste are very close to one another.

Current Build: Project Frost
Gaming Rig Build: Project Ice Dragon

Went home last night and was getting a max 81 C which is 3 degrees better.  I think there is a cure time despite the Web site saying there is not.  Maybe it isn't a "cure time" per se, but possibly the compound settling into the heat sink.  The article above said they got better temps after 48 hours.  It isn't ambient temperatures, my thermostat is set to a specific temperature and the first too tests were back to back so any difference would be insignificant.  I will test again tonight and see if I get any better results.