My pc "freezes"

maxi

I've recently built my pc without any professional help and I am experiencing some problems. For example my entire system freezes sometimes and I believe that the problem is the protocol of SSD (achi,ide etc.). Windows 7 are loaded in the SSD. I've tried to chage the protocols and the sata ports many times but the problem still remains. Can anyone help with this problem?

Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P

PSU: Thermaltake smart 630W SPS 630MP

CPU: AMD FX-6300

SSD: Kingston SSDNOW V300 60GB

RAM: Crucial Ballistix (tactical) 2x4GB

GPU: Nvidia gt 9600

HDD: Toshiba 500GB

Does this problem occur at random times?

Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R (Rev. 2.0)    Micron C400 256GB SSD     MSI GTX 660 Ti PE OC     Logitech G510

Intel i7 960 @ 4.125GHz                        WD Black 1TB                         Windows 7 Pro 64bit        Logitech G9x

Kingston HyperX 6GB                             Corsair TX850M                     Corsair H50                        Logitech z906

yeah..all of a sudden....and i have to reset it...

I've recently built my pc without any professional help and I am experiencing some problems. For example my entire system freezes sometimes and I believe that the problem is the protocol of SSD (achi,ide etc.). Windows 7 are loaded in the SSD. I've tried to chage the protocols and the sata ports many times but the problem still remains. Can anyone help with this problem?

Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P

PSU: Thermaltake smart 630W SPS 630MP

CPU: AMD FX-6300

SSD: Kingston SSDNOW V300 60GB

RAM: Crucial Ballistix (tactical) 2x4GB

GPU: Nvidia gt 9600

HDD: Toshiba 500GB

If you're changing from IDE to AHCI in the BIOS/UEFI, you must boot into safe mode FIRST, after the change. Then reboot into windows regularly. Freezes are also very commonly caused by static electricity buildup, if your case is on carpet, place some cardboard underneath, and re-plug your internal 24-pin cables to see if there are any bad connections.

I hope this helps.

thanks a lot but the pc is on a woody surface...but i'll try to boot into safe mode with achi and then to reboot on windows...if i understood what you said...right ???

thanks a lot but the pc is on a woody surface...but i'll try to boot into safe mode with achi and then to reboot on windows...if i understood what you said...right ???

Yeah,

Change to AHCI mode, and turn on NCQ if you have it.

Boot into safe mode

Then boot into Windows

Now check to see if AHCI was successfully enabled with your favorite desktop program.

well...i did the procedure and it installed some drivers...i hope the problem is solved :D !!!!

do you know a stress tool for the hard drive ?

do you know a stress tool for the hard drive ?

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/285538-32-torture-tests

MOBO: Gigabyte G1.Sniper M3 | CPU: Intel i7-3770K @ 4.5GHz | GPU: 2x Gigabyte GeForce GTX770 2GB WF3 OC Edition | RAM: Kingston HyperX Blue DDR3-1600 XMP 16GB (4x4GB) | SSD: Intel 530 Series 180GB SATAIII | HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1.0TB SATA III & WD AV-GP 3.0TB SATA IIPSU: Corsair AX 760 | Case: Chieftec DX-02B | CPU cooler:  Corsair H100i with 4 Noctua NF-F12's in Push-Pull | Fans: 3x Noctua NF-S12A Front and Rear-intake, 1x Noctua NF-A14 Bottom-intake, 1x CoolerMaster MegaFlow 200 Side Panel-intake, 1xNoctua NF-F12 Top-exhaust | OS: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit | Keyboard: Logitech G510 | Mouse: Gigabyte Aivia Krypton