Nvidia drivers corrupted (?)

Hello world.

Some days ago, my neighborhood was hit by a lightning, resulting in my internet adapter getting screwed. All the other computer components were just fine, until yesterday my GPU suddenly started with a blue and black glitchy image. Since I've just spent a lot of BRLs on a new CPU and MoBo + RAM, I crossed my fingers and dug into my PC to see if I could fix it by myself. I'm a junior technician, so I have some idea of what I'm doing. Checked hardware level, uninstalled Nvidia's driver, and when I was to reinstall it, the following error occurred: it says it failed to install the driver, but it didn't even query me to select installation option. It just shows the following screen after verifying compatibility.

I've spent my time at home this Sunday trying to fix it, but it just can't pass this part.

Has anyone experienced such experience, and if so, could try helping me? (Already purged Nvidia's software with DDU by Guru3D, still same error.)

PC Specs: I5 3330 3,0 GHz, Nvidia 960 SC 4GB EVGA, an Asrock MoBo, 8GB DDR3 RAM

Screenshot: image.png.558e661a347d5e1324b948a3735ba0b8.png If this needs translation, I don't mind helping you help me help us all.

I know that it may sound like i need an exorcist, but you can try installing the driver trough GeForce Experience, since it will auto detect and download, u will skip the compatibility check.Also good idea to check your BIOS settings, since power grid outages and problems may have borked some setting.

2 minutes ago, SHEDEWX said:

I know that it may sound like i need an exorcist, but you can try installing the driver trough GeForce Experience, since it will auto detect and download, u will skip the compatibility check.Also good idea to check your BIOS settings, since power grid outages and problems may have borked some setting.

Before I've even uninstalled the driver I did try to update it through GF Experience, only to get the same error with less details. But I'll take a look at the bios right now.

13 minutes ago, uBinKIAd said:

Try re-downloading the nvidia drivers ..

https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx

Then try installing them by right clicking the installer and selecting "Run as Administrator" 

If that doesn't work then try installing them in Safe Mode.

Tried to install latest and previous  releases both in safe and normal modes. Still nothing.

Since it's late and I've got finals this week, I'll seek more solutions tomorrow. Probably gonna install Linux Mint in a bootable pendrive and see if I can install the driver there. If so hardware is OK, and that would make me feel better. GPU prices ain't low, specially in an overtaxed country like mine.

I am afraid windows has kept some broken files somewhere, not sure where tho, however if that is the case fresh windows may be needed. BUT, i don't usually give up to the "reinstall windows" trend.

So I suggest two things

1: Try to restore windows, if possible, to a version that was prior to the storm, that may deal with the issue.

2: You uninstall anything Nvidia related, then run CCleaner, no need to clean browser stuff, but u will need to look up what the stuff does, in case u are new to it. After a clean u should go and fix registry. After u are done with that restart the PC, then clean again the same way and do another restart. After that, disable then remove the windows default visual driver(there are some cases where that driver becomes overly attached and doesn't want you to use another drivers), after which restart again, clean and attempt to install.

I know it sounds mad, but that technique has worked for me so many times it feels like a ritual. If it doesn't do the trick from the first time u can improvise with the same idea multiple times.

Also, i wanna say, just in case, u can try resitting the card and checking the power connector on the top. If u have another one with the same pins u can try it instead, it is possible the cables went bad too and do not give stable current.

Wish you good luck and yeah, trying with Linux to see if it is dead is a nice idea.

Good day, y'all.

Just booted the computer with Mint in a pendrive, and, well, it seems to be hardware related. The same graphical glitch is happening on it. Seems like I'll be dropping some cash on a 1050TI to replace this one. Appreciate all the help given by you guys. Peace!

Photo of screen with the issue when using Nvidia drivers attached

15130036853821608551168.jpg

Oh snap, it was hardware after all, maybe u can look up some warranty or something. It doesnt seemd to be a dead card, it just does not function properly. wish u the best of luck!